Poll

As a new member what deters you from posting? (poll started March 08)

Lack of cooking knowledge and fear of being classified a "newbie"
79 (21.4%)
Not sure how to confidently send postings on this forum (see 'How to Post' in this section)
78 (21.1%)
Nothing to say - quite happy reading  opinions from other members
81 (21.9%)
Don't wish to be an active member as I won't be visiting this forum regularly
2 (0.5%)
Would rather remain "in the background" but will visit regularly
92 (24.9%)
None of the above - please post your reasons
38 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 150

Author Topic: Posting messages as a new member?  (Read 94867 times)

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Posting messages as a new member?
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2012, 09:57 AM »
Hi, how can i watch/view videos? it's not allowing me to do so? I'm new, well actually my hubby joined a good while ago now and we haven't used the site for donkeys years lol. Can you help?

Which video do you want to watch? As far as I'm aware, there are no restrictions on anyone, regarding videos and other links, unlike on some sites, where you have to meet some criteia, or other. How awful.

Also, why did you quote a message from 2008 without adding any comment of your own?

Offline StoneCut

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2012, 10:01 AM »
Some videos are not displaying right in this forum. Which ones are you looking for ? Maybe I can help.

Offline thetyreman

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2012, 02:43 PM »
Hi peeps, Keith from deepest darkest cumbria.
had a quick look at some of the comments, recipes ect,very impressed, so.... decided to join and pass on/pick up any tips i can!

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2012, 04:34 PM »
Welcome Keith.  Should be some mileage in the site for you  :D

Offline jeff razi

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2013, 10:03 AM »
Hello to everyone ;)  a pleasure to join such a wonderful collection of curryheads, all with the same purpose, to make the perfect curry. i love the site, such a joy to see so many people put so much effort into what ultimately becomes the finest banquet on the planet, curry, rice, naan or chapati and a cold beer!  can't imagine life without. i look forward to many years of fine dining, and with such talent out there, i'm going to be a very happy fella ;)

Made first curry last night, so thought i'd better report.

Started with a base by NOBLE OX who roasted all his veg, and with the addition of an apple, i put everything in a roasting bag and gave it a go. came out a little to sweet for my taste, as it was a base for a chicken tikka madras. a lovely gravy all the same. i would think this base would be excellent for kormas, tikka masalas or even a dhansak. it was obvious the roasting brought out all the sugars in the onions,garlic and carrots etc. nonetheless, i thought it was a vast improvement on what i would normally have done, so well done noble ox :) will be back soon, but before i go i'll leave some pics of my first effort!

Offline Rossco61

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2013, 04:30 PM »
Hi there joined a couple of days ago I live in birmingham UK and love cooking especially curries.
My main goal in the curry department is to achieve that unique balti flavour/taste you get in the restaurants I have come close has anybody managed to achieve this almost impossible challenge

Regards
Rossco :-\

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2013, 04:38 PM »
Try this Rossco, you never know.  ;)  and Welcome to the site.

https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/ade-in-britain/series-2/episode-18-west-midlands

Balti recipe @24mins from Adil's

Offline diverdil

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2013, 11:49 PM »
been reading through the forum for some time and only recently decided to post. i have decided to become an active member as i feel this is going to be the best way to learn more.

however just to answer the above post something that worries me. there does seem to be a negative side to some posts and people argueing about stipid things that just seem to be personality clashes. we are all meant to be helping each other.

i just read through a post about seasoned oil that makes no sense at all and has nothing to do with making curry. if you wish to attract new members then this sort of behavious needs to be stopped and people need to learn to get on.

this is just my opinion as i have seen many forums fail do personality clashes. other than that i love the site

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2013, 12:51 AM »
been reading through the forum for some time and only recently decided to post. i have decided to become an active member as i feel this is going to be the best way to learn more.

however just to answer the above post something that worries me. there does seem to be a negative side to some posts and people argueing about stipid things that just seem to be personality clashes. we are all meant to be helping each other.

i just read through a post about seasoned oil that makes no sense at all and has nothing to do with making curry. if you wish to attract new members then this sort of behavious needs to be stopped and people need to learn to get on.

this is just my opinion as i have seen many forums fail do personality clashes. other than that i love the site
Unfortunately Diverdil, you will find this happening occasionally on here.  Some members have firm views on something which are opposite to those that others hold and the twain shall never meet.  The art is to pick out the info that really matters and ignore the dross, predujice and the  fact that the know it alls don't know it all.  All the info is on the site, you just have to sieve through it all, which takes a while.  And ignore the "experts" opinions sometimes, although, thankfully some of them are no longer here  ;) . Conversely, some of the real knowledgeable experts are no longer here either  :'(
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 01:01 PM by curryhell »

Offline diverdil

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2013, 12:41 PM »
thanks for the advice. to be honest having read a fair bit i think i have worked out who i respect and will follow advice from.

its a minefield when so many people have different viewpoints

©2024 Curry Recipes