Author Topic: UB's Garlic Chili Chicken  (Read 25773 times)

Offline Unclebuck

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: UB's Garlic Chili Chicken
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2009, 01:51 PM »
Cheers CM, I make this all the time love it  :)

Offline Willyeckerslike

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2009, 06:53 PM »
Hi,

I made this tonight (too many chillies made this hot hot HOT :o) which I love and was really pleased with it.  This is the nearest if not better than any garlic chilli chicken I have had from a BIR.  I used Blades chicken tikka with this and the last of my SNS base.

thanks for sharing this Uncle Buck ;)

Will

Offline Unclebuck

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2009, 07:52 PM »
Hi,

I made this tonight (too many chillies made this hot hot HOT :o) which I love and was really pleased with it.  This is the nearest if not better than any garlic chilli chicken I have had from a BIR.  I used Blades chicken tikka with this and the last of my SNS base.

thanks for sharing this Uncle Buck ;)

Will

your welcome this recipe is a killer!! defo a winter must

Offline Bobby Bhuna

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2009, 08:31 PM »
Looks great UB, I'm sure to try this soon but sadly I'm flat sharing with 3 others and a small kitchen for now so the old BIR cooking has taken a back seat! The pictures make my mouth water though! Great effort!  ;D

Offline grandmasterrew

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2009, 10:28 AM »
Hi Guys

Im going to try this for the first time tonight but im a little confused with the onions. It says 0.5 tablespoons of onions finley chopped.

That doesnt seem like much onion to me (maybe less thatn a quater of a small onion)but is this correct?

Thanks all

Offline matt3333

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2009, 11:23 AM »
Hi
The amount of onion in the recipe is correct, I find that adding the onion helps stop the garlic from burning which should be avoided at all costs :)
Good Luck
matt

Offline grandmasterrew

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2009, 02:11 PM »
Thanks matt

Offline Bobby Bhuna

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2009, 07:57 PM »
When I get whole chillies from the local BIR they are deseeded. I have a great method for doing this that I highly recommend. Just chop the stalk bits off the chillies, then put them in the sink. Run the cold water and between your thumb and forefingers roll and squeeze lightly from the thickest part at the top working down. All the seeds come out in around a seconds or two doing this. Without the seeds / placenta the chillies are less hot, so you can add more, getting even more chilli flavour. Try this method out. At first you might split the chilli a little near the stalk end but be more gentle and after a few it'll come naturally!

Offline grandmasterrew

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2009, 11:48 AM »
Well i made this last night with CA's base gravy recipe and what can i say it was...AMAZING! Had a few mates round and they all loved it too! The closest thing ive ever had to a BIR at home!

CA and UB you are gods!

Offline Unclebuck

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2009, 11:52 AM »
Well i made this last night with CA's base gravy recipe and what can i say it was...AMAZING! Had a few mates round and they all loved it too! The closest thing ive ever had to a BIR at home!

CA and UB you are gods!

your welcome Mr

©2024 Curry Recipes