Author Topic: UB's Garlic Chili Chicken  (Read 25823 times)

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: UB's Garlic Chili Chicken
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2010, 01:01 AM »
There are some quite amusing videos on youtube of people eating bhut jolokia (i.e. dorset naga or naga morich)...I understand they are the hottest chilli around and are a couple of times hotter than habaneros.

Eating a whole Dorset Naga - not a smart move

Offline joshallen2k

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2010, 04:30 AM »
Nice video. I went to a chicken wing joint in Toronto that bragged the hottest wings in the world. Everything was measured in Scoville units. I ordered the hottest "as a side dip" and was met with wailing sirens and a visit from the wait staff.

I dipped one wing in the sauce and ate it.

Put it this way, I stumbled out (only had one beer) and had someone drive me back to work. I was the laughing stock for balance of day.

Offline floydmeddler

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2010, 11:35 PM »
OK. I cooked this tonight for me and my girl. In complete shock that I cooked it myself! This was completely outstanding and was as good as a posh curry house near where we live. Thank you so much. I can't see myself using takeaways any time soon. I know this quality can't really be matched.

I used the Saffron base sauce (http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=2271.msg20262#msg20262) Thanks SnS!

Here it is in the making: ;D

Nearly finished!

I used Cory Ander's Chicken Tika / Tandoori marinade (http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=1555.0) and also used his Tandoori Masala spice mix. Cheers CO!

Marinade spice mix in the making:

Didn't have any skewers so cooked loosely in a very hot griddle pan:

And the finished dish garnished with fresh coriander:

Not bad for joining the forum this morning! I spent around 4 hrs on here today learning loads and becoming inspired and obsessed.

It was amazing how the curry all came together at the end. Really quick! Have LOADS of base sauce left so next time it'll be even quicker... Mmm what next? ;D

Once again, a million thanks from me and the missus. Glad to be part of this amazing forum.

;) ;) A very happy Floyd in Brighton!  ;) ;)

« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 09:12 AM by Cory Ander »

Offline Unclebuck

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2010, 08:34 AM »
I'm glad you and the wifey had a good evening thanks for reporting back with pics and all, Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2010, 09:32 AM »
I used Cory Ander's Chicken Tika / Tandoori marinade (http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=1555.0) and also used his Tandoori Masala spice mix

Did you use the artificial colouring in the tandoori spice mix FM?  It doesn't look like it to me?

Offline floydmeddler

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2010, 11:57 AM »
I used Cory Ander's Chicken Tika / Tandoori marinade (http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=1555.0) and also used his Tandoori Masala spice mix

Did you use the artificial colouring in the tandoori spice mix FM?  It doesn't look like it to me?

Hi CA. No, I didn't and should have said so... was pretty tired from all the curry eating and a bit drunk when I was writing this up.

SnS Base Sauce: Followed everything to the gram.

CO's Tikka marinade: Left out the chopped red chillies.

CO's tandoori Masala spice Mix: Left out mango powder and dried mint leaves as Sainsbury's didn't have them. :( Also decided to leave out the food colouring just because I haven't come around to the idea of colourings yet.

UB's Garlic Chilli Chicken - just realising I haven't individually thanked you yet - THANKS UB! Sorry about that.  ;) Scaled up to 2 and followed everything apart from 10 chilis; I can only take so much. Ended up putting only four (deseeded) in and it was spot on for us. I also only used 1 teaspoon of methi as I felt that 1 tbsp would have been too overpowering.

That's everything. I do apologise for not being precise with the recipes; on a forum like this, every gram of this or that matters.

Thanks again lads. ;)

Offline floydmeddler

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2010, 10:30 AM »
OK. Have cooked this 4 times now. If you haven't tried it yet, you haven't lived!

DO IT!!

Offline vmixture

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2010, 01:52 PM »
Tried this for the first time yesterday, very impressive, swapped the chilli powder for extra hot chilli powder and used a little more onion than in the recipe.

Other than that it was as per the recipe.

Very nice, also very easy to make.

Top stuff!

Offline Unclebuck

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2010, 02:12 PM »
floydmeddler and vmixture thanks for your replies, Glad you enjoyed it.
I'll be making this again in couple of weeks got the lads coming round for curry and boxing night they insisted on it! if its not raining i will fire up the tandoori :)
also if can recommend a starter? this always goes down well

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=2658.0

All the best UB.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 02:28 PM by Unclebuck »

Offline hcoool

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2011, 08:22 PM »
I've just made and eaten this, doubled everything up and used extra hot chilli powder and added an extra 10 chilli's as they were quite small but added too much methi.

I thought it was 2 tablespoons not teaspoons so I added 4. I've got to get my self a printer so I can read it in the kitchen instead of trying to remember!!!

Anyway I still enjoyed it although I couldn't mop up the sauce with my naan as it was too hot (my own fault) There is still loads left so is there anything I can add too it to mellow it out a tad?

Cheers,
H.

©2024 Curry Recipes