Author Topic: Where to buy takeaway containers?  (Read 3500 times)

Offline Yellow Fingers

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Where to buy takeaway containers?
« on: April 29, 2005, 05:58 PM »
I had a look at the 'foil' type containers that takeaway curries come in at Tesco and they were 50p per container and I wasn't about to pay that. Does anyone know where I can buy cheap disposable containers from? I want them to be the same look as the takeaway type but preferably also freezer/microwave safe.

Offline Dylan

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Where to buy takeaway containers?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2005, 06:13 PM »
Most takeaways in my area (norfolk) use plastic trays. I just wash them up and reuse them. They're both micro and freezer safe.
 Failing that, I should think most catering suppliers would supply them. I suspect they're available on the net, too.

Offline Blondie

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2005, 07:33 PM »
Hi Yellow Fingers,

You won't find foil containers that are microwave safe.  I agrre with Dylan that many places now use plastic containers which are re-useable.  In my area we have a Wilkinsons store which sells both the foil containers and the plastic type but I'm not sure of the price. We also have a Poundland store that sells the plastic type at 10 for guess how much? Yeeesss ?1.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Blondie

Offline blade1212

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2005, 06:40 PM »
I got some foil containers from Asda yesterday. They have the small and large versions.

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2005, 08:02 PM »
i`VE SEEN THE TAKE-AWAY STYLE microwave SAFE ONE`S IN tESCO`S if thats any help to you (bloody Keyboard !! ;D ;D ).

©2024 Curry Recipes