Author Topic: Good source for online spices etc.  (Read 2763 times)

Offline joshallen2k

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Good source for online spices etc.
« on: March 26, 2008, 02:17 AM »
I'm looking for a good online shop for some of those hard to find spices (Rajah Gold, Kashmiri Masala, etc.). Any suggestions? I live in Canada so North American preferred, but UK is OK (if shipping charges aren't ridiculous!)

Thanks

J

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Good source for online spices etc.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 03:43 PM »
I can only recommend http://www.spicesofindia.co.uk/ however you may struggle to get spices shipped due to your import regulations, spice being a food product.

Stew 8)

Offline malacara

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 07:38 PM »
It looks a very good shop but I find the shipping charges too expensive. I use Natco, less variety but far cheaper (shipping charges I mean). I would really like to buy from that shop (a lot of stuff where to choose from) but not at that cost.

Happy currying

Offline masaladon

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 05:35 AM »
The problem with importation of spices into the USA they want to open everything to make sure it isn't hash or something....

I ordered some Curry powder from Canada, and when I got it, is was half gone, and open... YUCK no telling who did what to it. I am this weekend going to go on a hunt in the area for some out of the way Indian food market.

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 07:18 AM »
i feel you've got more chance as masaladon says and to find out a shop in a local Asian area.

it's not easy to do but going for u is the fact that the Asian race appear more spread across the globe than any another and as we all know that craving for curry tags along behind.

search www is no good on this one the phone book and many calls are the best route.

Offline joshallen2k

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 02:55 PM »
Masaladon,

I live in Canada, and have no problem at all finding spices. Even the Megasized Wal-Mart has a whole Indian section! Most regular supermarkets *should* have what you need.

There are only a few things that I feel I need to go to the Indian supermarket for, such as ghee, coconut block, and few other minor ingredients.

-- Josh

©2024 Curry Recipes