Author Topic: The Chambeli Restaurant London WC1B Southampton Row  (Read 6449 times)

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
The Chambeli Restaurant London WC1B Southampton Row
« on: May 27, 2008, 09:17 PM »
Went to the Tutankhamen Exhibition a couple of months ago.
Went to The Chambeli was round the corner from our hotel.Some sign outside saying "BEST CURRY BLAH BLAH" or something.
Went inside asked for my favourite dish Tandoori Murghi Musalam the people on counter said they could make it for me,so went and sat down.
They brought over 4 dipping sauces and poppadoms with onion salad.
Then waiter asked what we wanted explained about talking to the people at counter he just said "NO" just what is on the menu (snotty b*******), so ordered Chicken Rogan Josh,waited just over 30 mins for food.
IT WAS AWFUL no taste and very very bland didnt look likewhat i was used to either it was also "sloppy".Anyway came for us to pay our so called MEAL
?42 i couldnt believe it and they had charged us ?3.50 for a desert spoon of mango chutney.

Offline Chris303

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: The Chambeli Restaurant London WC1B Southampton Row
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 10:17 PM »
sorry to hear what you ordered was not upto much, but I am a believer that it is not up to the customer to decide what is on the menu. :p

Offline matt3333

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 06:14 AM »
sorry to hear what you ordered was not upto much, but I am a believer that it is not up to the customer to decide what is on the menu. :p

I'd like to see someone try that one on with Mr G Ramsay :)
Matt

Offline Bobby Bhuna

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 12:45 PM »
Sounds like bad communication between front and back of house. 3.50 for a dollop of Mango Chutney is ridiculous! To top it off a crap curry! (I'm thinking it serves you right for ordering Rojan Josh :P) Sounds like they deserve there place in this topic!

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 02:58 PM »
Chambeli
146 Southampton Row, Russell Square,
London,
WC1B 5AG

(020) 7837 3925

Runner Up LBC Restaurant of the Year 1990.

Thats 18 years ago.
Why not send them via email the link to this page so they can comment.

Stew

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 06:43 PM »
Chris,They ask ME what i wanted so i told them i didnt go in there demanding they make my dish.They was quite helpful on the front counter but the experience was not worth the ?42.THEY said they could make it!

Offline Tamala

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 10:22 AM »
I am a believer that it is not up to the customer to decide what is on the menu. :p

I can't quite believe you said that.  They are only there to satisfy customer needs.  If they fail to do that, they stand to lose a lot more than just the plot.

Quote from: matt3333
I'd like to see someone try that one on with Mr G Ramsay

I remember seeing that episode of the Indian restaurant in Nottingham and thought then how badly GR had missed the plot.

Id soon go elsewhere if an Indian restaurant told me I couldn't have what I wanted (within reason)

©2024 Curry Recipes