Author Topic: Lamb rogan josh - take on the takeaway  (Read 19112 times)

Offline malacara

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Lamb rogan josh - take on the takeaway
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2008, 05:50 PM »
Hi sydt2005 and dawn.s!,

Thanks for the help. I live in the Canaries and there must been English supermarkets somewhere around here, however there are not so many Brits in my area where theres no english or asian shop, it is not easy to find some english products or indian spices (although its very easy to find german or southamerican products). I have been shopping online to get all this stuff but I don?t want to buy things like heavy jars that I can only use for one week or so. If I see them over here I will buy some in order to try to emulate CTM, the only curry I am not happy with yet (Curry Kings CTM is delicious but is not anywhere near the one I ate (a lot  ;D) in the UK, that one had no coconut in it, anyway I will keep trying regardless of having already tried at least more than 10-15 recipes.

Best regards

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2008, 10:12 AM »
malacara,

family love Tenerife - for me your very lucky to be living in the canaries.

on the CTM front was the colour brown. i've not been a CTM fan (family love CK's and have to admit i'm sold on it).

for me there are 2 types of CTM red & brown. i have never liked the red version in the restaurants as the coconut overpowers (CK's i can tune it down).

my wife?s fav CTM is brown with no coconut - as u say. we have never been able to replicate this. i think it must contain almond. there is also a chopped fresh spice/herb in it - this i like the taste very much of but have no idea of what it is.

maybe we need a new post if this is along the same lines as your thinking.

Offline malacara

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2008, 03:37 PM »

my wife?s fav CTM is brown with no coconut - as u say. we have never been able to replicate this. i think it must contain almond. there is also a chopped fresh spice/herb in it - this i like the taste very much of but have no idea of what it is.

maybe we need a new post if this is along the same lines as your thinking.

Hi JerryM,

Thats exactly the kind of CTM I crave for and I have never been able to replicate at home, I will keep trying recipes until I get a decent one, no matter the years that task can take  ;D I think the taste you refering to can come from pastes, thats way it is so difficult to emulate it at home.

Best regards

©2024 Curry Recipes