Author Topic: Bruce Edwards Curry Sauce & Basic Curry - From The Man Himself  (Read 88602 times)

Offline Robbo141

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Bruce Edwards Curry Sauce & Basic Curry - From The Man Himself
« Reply #200 on: August 03, 2023, 02:33 PM »
Third vindaloo last night equally as good as previous.  I stuck with the same 2 tsp of extra hot chilli powder and was plenty hot for me but I do foresee a bash with an extra tsp as per Bruce’s ‘serious’ vindaloo suggestion in my future.
Next dish will be something less spicy so the missis can try, but this base is a winner for me.  The tip about adding a few slivers of onion or pepper to the cold pan with the oil, to know when the oil temp is right to start frying the spices was new to me and very useful. Haven’t been this pleased with a homemade curry in a long time, and now should have some level of consistency and repeatability.

Robbo

Offline mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 25, 2023, 08:49 AM »
Hi Robbo

I resorted back to this base when the jb base was all the rage as I personally couldnt get on with it.
BE base has always been my goto gravy and when Im not making baltis then this is my gravy of choice.
I have never made a duff curry from it

Regards
Mick

Offline Robbo141

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 26, 2023, 04:05 PM »
Hey Mick
This is also my go-to base and I couldn’t be happier with the results it brings. The ingredient list in the vindaloo is so sparse I thought it couldn’t work, but boy was I wrong. I had planned a curry mid-week but we had a couple of days where it reached 100 F (with the humidity it was ‘real feel of 111 F) and I do all my curry outdoors so skipped it.
Maybe tomorrow….

Robbo

©2024 Curry Recipes