Author Topic: Sharwoods Nan Bread  (Read 2168 times)

Offline Gazza63

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
Sharwoods Nan Bread
« on: July 24, 2008, 04:08 PM »
Does anyone else remember the Sharwoods Packet Nan bread, going back about 17 years ago I used to cook a curry after the pub shut on a sunday afternoon for myself and a couple of mate's and always used to cook fresh Nan under the grill and they were spot on and better tasting than the pre cooked one's that they sell in those sealed packets in the supermarket now, I've often wondered why they stopped selling the mix as they were so easy to make, I actually can buy frozen garlic and coriander nan's in one of my local supermarkets here in Pattaya Thailand but they still feel a bit heavy and cake like than what I used to produce from the mix, thinking of giving one or two of the recipes on this site a go, anyone have any thoughts on the best results that they have got from the one's posted......Thanks

Offline parker21

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Sharwoods Nan Bread
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 07:18 PM »
hi thai expat
if you look in the starters section under naan you will see that UB's naan and CA's naan get very good feedback!
good luck
gary

Offline slimboyfat

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 07:23 AM »
You can still get the packet "mix" in the UK

Offline Gazza63

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 11:23 AM »
I did see from a search on the net that you can get it in Canada but couldn't find it when I was still living in the UK, where can you get it?

©2024 Curry Recipes