Author Topic: Chicken curry for 4 using base sauce  (Read 1336 times)

Offline Lol999

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Chicken curry for 4 using base sauce
« on: August 05, 2008, 07:02 PM »
Hi all, been browsing the recipe sections and can only find 2 recipes for a good old chicken curry, and I don't think they're suitable for feeding 4. I've made a batch of stew's base sauce which has been in the freezer a couple of weeks (had a bad stomach so no curries for me) and I'm ready to try my hand. Can anyone provide me with a recipe please using a base sauce suitable for 4 people?

Cheers, Lol

Offline Chris303

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken curry for 4 using base sauce
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 08:10 PM »
You just need to pick any recipe and make a few of them.

From personal experience you will NOT get the same effect from trying to make a portion for 4 - a restaurant will make 4 individual dishes - and this is what this site tries to recreate.

The point of the base sauce is you can make lots of individual currys quickly if you are serving many people.

You have your base sauce and precooked meat and each dish should only take a few minutes to make, keeping hot in the oven till you get the others ready.

I HAVE been able to get a decent double portion of curry with practise, and you may be able to get a double portion as well meaning only needing to do two batches, but if you try and make 4 portions you will most likely get something edible, but not of british restaurant style curry we all know and love.

:)

©2024 Curry Recipes