Author Topic: try this for a chicken tikka marinade responce welcomed  (Read 5392 times)

Offline ifindforu

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
try this for a chicken tikka marinade responce welcomed
« on: August 10, 2008, 01:33 PM »
1 500ml of yogurt 5 table spoons of mustard oil,1 table spoon of garamasala,1 bulb of garlic,a piece of ginger the size of ones thumb,1 table spoon of pataks tikka masala,do not use Pataks tandoori paste as this is only used making tandoori chicken . half tablespoon of pataks Kashmir masala,1 tablespoon of coalmans fresh garden mint,a shake of salt and 2 tablespoons of malt vinegar a little colour of red or yellow
puree the ginger and garlic
Now add all this together
add the chicken pieces and marinade for a good few hours or longer.I even freeze mine and use when needed
When cooking assuming we haven't a tandoori oven,add some sliced onions and a good teaspoon of methi.
Always try to use gee veg or butter type I wll post the correct way to make chicken chat once I see your comments on the tikka marinade this was off a good friend of mine who once owned a BIR

FROM TERRY
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 03:48 PM by ifindforu »

Offline JivyJ

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: try this for a chicken tikka marinade responce welcomed
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 06:59 PM »
I have tried a number of times to buy mustard oil but any bottles I have seen were for hair use, which put me off buying. what's the difference! 

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 07:10 PM »
Here's a link for mustard oil JivyJ...although I get mine from a local indian supermarket ;)

http://www.natco-online.com/acatalog/info_mustard_oil.html

It also carries a warning.....

European legislation obliges us not to promote Mustard Oil for culinary practice: a position which is not supported by a number of eminent chefs who recommend the oil for the preparation and cooking of authentic regional dishes. In deference to the EU legislation, we mark all bottles, "For External Use Only".

Offline chowie

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 07:23 PM »
I have some Mustard Oil now but in the past (when I never had any) I've mixed mustard powder with veg oil before adding.

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 11:51 AM »
is it tikka massala or pataks tikka paste?

I have both, but I've mostly used tikka paste in the past.

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 04:10 PM »
Got confirmation: It's tikka paste.

©2024 Curry Recipes