Author Topic: Chicken Tikka Marinade Just Like the BIR  (Read 10017 times)

Offline ifindforu

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: CHICEN TIKKA MARINADE JUST LIKE THE BIR
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2008, 11:50 PM »
I have tried this and it is perfect if you try it and you like it ill post how to make the chicken chat from it

Yes please, I would like a BIR chicken chat recipe if you can post one ;)
OK HERE WE GO
ingredients.
1 knob of gee,butter or veg
1 teaspoon of special spice
1 deseeded tomato
1 level teaspoon of chat masala or chunky chat
half a cup of curry gravy
salt to season
half an onion
small squirt of tomato puree
a pinch of methi
a half teaspoon of garlic and ginger puree ( the tip I was given is liquidise some garlic and small piece of ginger add a small quantity of oil and teaspoon of malt vinegar
mix together put in a bag and freeze,cutting small pieces when needed)
Method.
first of all fry the chicken tikka until cooked only just,then slice but thick slices.
put into the pan the gee,now add the garlic and ginger puree.and tomato puree
straight away add the finely sliced onion and deseeded tomatofry for about 4 Min's moving about vigorously continue frying until the onions start to reduse going brown.
Now add the special spice and fry for about 2 Min's,now add the curry gravy
now add the chicken tikka and continue frying until the gravy has come pretty thickish
add now some salt and the chat masala only cook now for about 1 min.
serve on a plate with some shredded lettuce and some mint sauce over the top ( please not chat masala is only used to season and not cooked for a long period)
MINT SAUCE
cup of yogurt,half teaspoon of kashmir masala,quarter teaspoon of coalmans fresh garden mint,
1 tablespoon of sugar in some warm milk and mix together.Now add a small piece of garlic and ginger ill leave it to you how much of garlic and ginger you put add a little bit of poring cream and you have a good BIR mint sauce
some will put a small bit of pureed mango with it
Also I have had off my fried the recpie for onion bargees if anyone would like to try
TERRY of www.ifindforu.com by the way I live by an indian wholsalers and if I see a response for ingredients I will try to list on my website

©2024 Curry Recipes