Author Topic: Did anyone see Rogue Restaurants on BBC1  (Read 6928 times)

Offline adriandavidb

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Did anyone see Rogue Restaurants on BBC1
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2008, 12:05 PM »
Missed it, OMG I feel ill!

Offline mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2008, 12:19 PM »
I once rented a room to a pastry chef at a very famous Golfing Hotel near Birmingham about ten years ago. This guy had won awards for his deserts. Anyway, he eventually fell seriously behind with his rent and unfortunately it got to the point where I had to ask him to leave. He did so, but you would not have believed the mess he left the place in. He had an unenviable collection of bottles of urine in his room because he couldnt be arsed to get up for a piss in the night!!! god knows how he filled them because the screw on caps were pretty small!
 :o

Offline lorrydoo

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2008, 12:33 PM »
Agreed Scotty but what annoyed me was the fact that the presenters were laughing and grinning broadly as they were comentating on the disgusting things that were happening.  Would they have been so light hearted if it was a non Muslims praparing food for Muslim? 

Offline nella

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2008, 03:03 PM »
me too i wacthed it and it was really horried thats put me off take aways cos who knows whats going at the back. i think that that places like that should be closed for life becouse if there open again it will be the same thing

Offline Graeme

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2008, 11:36 PM »
I have deleted my own post on this subject !! :-X

Offline scotty99

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2008, 08:27 PM »
Agreed Scotty but what annoyed me was the fact that the presenters were laughing and grinning broadly as they were comentating on the disgusting things that were happening.  Would they have been so light hearted if it was a non Muslims praparing food for Muslim? 

Lorrydo I didn't see the program in full so did not see the way the presenters/ people involved behaved, so would be wrong for me to comment on that. The only bit i saw was the presenter who spat out the food in the van.

regards Scott

Offline slimboyfat

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2008, 08:39 PM »
Did not see it on the day but watched it on iplayer yesterday ? disgusting the environmental health should shut them down ? filthy buggers..

:-X

Offline Bobby Bhuna

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2008, 05:36 PM »
I think transparancy in restaurant hygiene is where it's at. I always like the takeaways with the window between the front desk and the kitchen that lets you see in. Still, I have to say that IMHO BIR takeaways are a little behind most other western establishments. I'm forever seeing my popadums being passed from the chef to the guy at front of house into my bag, just after he's taken my money and given me change etc. I get the impression they just don't know better. I don't think it's that they're intentionally doing bad things - I just think they would benifit from a basic food hygiene course.

That said, this is a massive generalisation and there are many BIRs that no doubt have adequate food hygiene procedures. However from what I have seen, I think that Chinese takeaways are generally far cleaner.

Offline Bobby Bhuna

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2008, 11:56 PM »
Just watched it now here. ******* minging! :-X
I don't know why they've not been shut down. I also don't understand why it's an employer's responsibility to provide facilities for Muslim prayer time as suggested. Lack of convienient facilities is no excuse for the employees to be blowing their noses and washing their feet in the kitchen sink!!! As an undergraduate during summers I worked in Burger King and can assure you that nothing even close to that took place. These practises are not representative of most UK takeways. Still, it makes you wonder...

That said, the guy was a real pussy about eating the curry, it looked pretty tasty to me. ;D

©2024 Curry Recipes