Author Topic: Favourite chicken tikka recipe  (Read 5779 times)

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Favourite chicken tikka recipe
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2008, 05:50 PM »
Blade's uses Pataks Tandoori Paste
i'm afraid that's the end of the contest for me.
i flirted with pataks a few months ago.... - of course i did - awful.

That's a bit like me deciding Victoria Sponge Cake must taste bad because I tasted a bit of baking powder and didn't like the flavour! Or raw egg or raw flour for that matter! It's the end result which counts. I've tried tikka mixes as per the recipes on Pataks and other jars, which generally comprise the bottled mix plus yoghurt and often nothing else. The end results are OK but nowhere near as good as Blade's recipe which adds many additional ingredients.

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2008, 06:58 PM »
I'm another of Blade's fans :D

I've tried loads of tikka recipes over the years and his beats the rest into a cocked hat.....Pataks or no Pataks ;)

Offline Unclebuck

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite chicken Tikka recipe
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2008, 07:44 PM »
Yep its got to be blades for me too  :) - its the business.. smells right, tastes right as its says better then BIR!

I started out on traditional recipes which were seriously lacking the taste... then i moved onto CA'S [much better] then Pete's [better still] then Blades and never looked back.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 07:13 AM by Unclebuck »

Offline adriandavidb

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2008, 02:11 PM »
I have yet to try Blades's, and I shall get 'round to it, but I still SO sold od CAs which I think is FANTASTIC, it might have to wait!

CA said on the previous page of this thread that he has tried Blade's,  Now I am conscious that he didn't express an opinion about which he thought was better, his or Blade's, maybe he felt it would sound sound like self-justification if he said his?  Either way I would be interested your opinion CA?

©2024 Curry Recipes