Author Topic: Chicken Biryani recipe  (Read 6551 times)

Offline fshakoor

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Chicken Biryani recipe
« on: September 08, 2008, 01:54 PM »
Hi All,

I'm looking for a Chicken Biryani recipe too. But the link on this page doesn't work.

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=2380.0

Anyone have any good BIR Chicken Biryani recipes?

Thanks,
Farzana

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Biryani recipe
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 03:50 PM »
Hi All,
I'm looking for a Chicken Biryani recipe too. But the link on this page doesn't work.
http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=2380.0
Anyone have any good BIR Chicken Biryani recipes?

There must be several recipes on this resource-rich website. I'd be surprised if there are not. It must be worth spending a few minutes digging around.

Method 1: type two words into the search box and press the search button. The two words I used were 'chicken biryani'. That came up with one recipe which may be the same as:

Method 2: try the original link again, perhaps on a different computer. It worked for me! But it referred in turn to a second link, so you could try this:

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=1591.0

Offline fshakoor

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 04:59 PM »
OK, use the search facility. Point taken :)

When I click on the link you posted - I get error 'The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you'.

Offline TikkaMik

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 05:15 PM »

When I click on the link you posted - I get error 'The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you'.

Me too,

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 05:24 PM »

Ah, it may be that's because the recipe is by an ex-member who fell out of favour, as has happened to VERY FEW people here. As one of the longest-standing members, perhaps I happen to have access to the archive holding that recipe, whereas you may not. I'm not sure but that could be the reason. In that case, I'll have a look around for other biryani recipes later and will list any I find here. I hesitate to copy and paste the recipe here in case it's frowned upon, unless given clearance to do so! I hasten to add, this forum is a generally very friendly and informal place. Incidentally 'welcome'! It really takes some effort to fall out of favour and get your recipes banished to a restricted archive!

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 07:20 AM »

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 11:07 AM »
this is one i have on my list to try
http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=2688.msg23913#msg23913

You make it sound like your link is a further suggestion, with no acknowledgment that I'd already listed it and had even mentioned the video!

If anyone has any further/new links, then please list them.

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 03:57 PM »
Sorry George - i scanned your list and though this one was not their.

i was impressed by this video and remember it as it's in Budapest which is a place i fancy going at some point.

Apologies just trying to help,

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 06:15 PM »
i was impressed by this video and remember it as it's in Budapest which is a place i fancy going at some point.

Yes it's a very good video, I agree. Well worth watching...

I recommend Budapest as well. I can't say I noticed any Indian restaurants there, the last time I visited c1999 but I did go to a superb Hungarian restaurant called 'Gundel'. At that time it was top notch cuisine and good wine at quite reasonable prices. The opera was good but low cost, also.

©2024 Curry Recipes