Author Topic: Garlic Butter Chicken - any ideas  (Read 2175 times)

Offline vickym

• Chef
    • View Profile
Garlic Butter Chicken - any ideas
« on: October 13, 2008, 10:04 AM »
Our local restaurant makes this dish as a starter. Its a vibrant yellow colour sauce that is sort of translucent. It is very subtley spiced, no heat as all. I think the chicken may be tikka or tandoori possibly then put in this sauce- it does have lots of chopped up garlic in it. Any ideas where to start?

Offline joshallen2k

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Garlic Butter Chicken - any ideas
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 04:58 AM »
Sounds like curry base with added garlic.....

Offline parker21

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 11:44 AM »
hi vicky try frying the garlic in butter ghee or even butter then add the base sauce and then add the chicken tikka pieces and warm through, garnish with coriander and serve
regards
gary

Offline vickym

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 01:07 PM »
Mmm.... I've just tried it- melted about 2 tblsp ghee and added about 5 cloves of chopped garlic, made sure i didn't burn the garlic. then added a few tblsp base sauce but it didn't mix in very well, so added a bit more.. and more. The end result was quite nice actually- a very garlicky curry sauce, but doesn't resemble anything like the one we've had. :-\
The sauce was almost clear i suppose, but bright yellow. I don't think it maybe uses a base sauce as it has a different consistency to it. Back to the drawing board i think...

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 03:31 PM »
Its a vibrant yellow colour sauce that is sort of translucent...It is very subtley spiced, no heat at all.

The fact that it is vibrant yellow suggests a mix of base sauce and cream (and possibly food colouring), similar to korma. The lack of spiciness would seem to add to that conclusion.

Have you tasted korma? Is it similar, but more garlicy?

Need more information...  :)

Offline Graeme

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 09:34 AM »
Our local restaurant makes this dish as a starter. Its a vibrant yellow colour sauce that is sort of translucent. It is very subtley spiced, no heat as all. I think the chicken may be tikka or tandoori possibly then put in this sauce- it does have lots of chopped up garlic in it. Any ideas where to start?

Ummmmm
vibrant yellow, i can only think of a version of the starter mint sauce
translucent, thin mint sauce :-)

vickym,
have you made the mini sauce starter on this site,
its very easy to make. was it anything like that?
but without the garlic.

©2024 Curry Recipes