Author Topic: CK's Lamb Bhuna  (Read 2420 times)

Offline Bobby Bhuna

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
CK's Lamb Bhuna
« on: November 10, 2008, 10:50 PM »
Today I had a Lamb Bhuna from the best local restaurant. A solo business lunch - I had the urge! ;D

So tonight, I wanted to see if I could do as well. It's a very nice BIR, but I have to say, mine was every bit as good using the CK Lamb Bhuna recipe and my own base that I'm sure you've all seen recently.

It was excellent. I used a single chopped spring onion also, since that was present in my BIR meal today. The result was really brilliant. I'm very proud indeed! 8)

Here it is.

Offline joshallen2k

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: CK's Lamb Bhuna
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 10:59 PM »
Nice Bhuna, Bobby Bhuna.

Looks the business. You say it was as good as the best local BIR. I've seen a few posts recently of "100% BIR", for dishes other than the Madras/Vindaloo. The CK Bhuna and Stew's Jalfrezi come to mind. I feel with the recent input on some tweaks, that I can safely add CTM to that list.

Would it be fair to conclude that its the Madras/Vindaloo that remains the key one to be cracked?

-- Josh

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: CK's Lamb Bhuna
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 12:19 PM »
Great pic BB, looks the nuts  ;)

Josh I think the hardest ones to get similar to your local are the Madras and Vindaloo as they are so simple and don't contain much more than base, meat and spice mix\chili powder.  They are the two curry's I am always tweaking and changing slightly, most of my others I feel I have nailed and make the same every time.

©2024 Curry Recipes