Author Topic: The Caspian Kinross and my first Madras  (Read 1291 times)

Offline Bobby Bhuna

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
The Caspian Kinross and my first Madras
« on: November 18, 2008, 06:56 PM »
The first Madras I had was from the caspian in Kinross. Noone in Kinross likes to buy food from there are they think it's grubby and does make some sweaty looking pizzas. However it also has the classic curries, not that I've seen anyone other than myself get one.

I always thought they were great but have never had one since I have been making my own Madras from here. Until that is, Sunday. It's so obviously a really similar recipe to many of ours, furthermore I'm sure they use the blended garlic and ginger technique in their base. I can only assume they use frozen base from what little curries they sell.

It's a great Madras and I would highly recommend getting one. Also, it's only 5.80 with pillau rice, the classic CA looking stuff. Real basic back street take out style.

Amongst their simple recipe however, there is a flavour that mine is missing... (surprise surprise). Also, I blew my head off compared to the Madras I make these days. I'm pretty certain that most Madras that I buy are way hotter than the ones I make. Does anyone else feel the same. I think they are using way more than 1 tsp or so of chilli!

©2024 Curry Recipes