Author Topic: Bruce Edwards base help needed  (Read 2224 times)

Offline almac21

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Bruce Edwards base help needed
« on: November 28, 2008, 06:17 PM »
Hi All

just new to the site and can't wait to taste my first curry.  I've made a Bruce Edwards base which tastes very gingery?? Is this right or have I over done the ginger and if so should I bin it and try again. Loads of questions but I'm making a curry for the wife 2morow and I need to get it right.

thanks in advance

Offline Unclebuck

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Bruce Edwards base help needed
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 06:39 PM »
Hi All

just new to the site and can't wait to taste my first curry.  I've made a Bruce Edwards base which tastes very gingery?? Is this right or have I over done the ginger and if so should I bin it and try again. Loads of questions but I'm making a curry for the wife 2morow and I need to get it right.

thanks in advance
Sounds like you may have too much ginger. carry on with the main receipe and see how it turns out def dont use any more ginger. Welcome BTW

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 06:46 PM »
Hi almac21

You have a couple of options:

1. Make some more base (doesn't have to be the full amount), only don't use any ginger at all. Then mix this in with the gingery base.

2. Use the base you've made and then don't use any ginger in making the final curry (this usually comes in the form of the ginger/garlic paste or similar).

Personally though I would make at least one curry with the base as is and see how it turns out first. It's unlikely that the base is so gingery that it will totally ruin the curry.

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 09:09 AM »
almac21,

just use it.

it's all part of the learning.

your already well clued up - on your future bases u'll be tasting to make sure everything stays in balance and thereby ensuring your well on the way to top notch results.

ps the BE base is a very good choice to start on - at lot of learning there. i very much like the effect of pureeing the garlic/ginger at the start.

if u've not got scales and proper measuring spoons then they will be well worth going on the shopping list (the spoons need to be a deep version so that u can scrap a knife across - there not easy to find)

©2024 Curry Recipes