Author Topic: Another newbie  (Read 1936 times)

Offline Frying Tonight

• Chef
    • View Profile
Another newbie
« on: December 27, 2008, 05:30 PM »
Hi curry people, another newbie here.  After reading the newest posts I cooked the Ashoka sauce and two pastes.  They taste really good and smell even better.

Here's my question, are the pastes hard to cut when they're frozen?  Does it make more sense to freeze them in a thin layer or in a block?  That's two questions but who's counting.  :)

Great info here!  Thanks for making it available. 

Offline Unclebuck

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Another newbie
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 11:36 AM »
Hi curry people, another newbie here.  After reading the newest posts I cooked the Ashoka sauce and two pastes.  They taste really good and smell even better.

Here's my question, are the pastes hard to cut when they're frozen?  Does it make more sense to freeze them in a thin layer or in a block?  That's two questions but who's counting.  :)

Great info here!  Thanks for making it available. 
Hi Frying Tonight welcome to the forum  8)

yep thin layer or even better use a ice cube tray.. just dont get them mixed up when making G and T!!  :)

All the best UB.

Offline Panpot

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 10:37 AM »
Welcome Frying Tonight and congratulations for diving straight in and having a go. I personally measure out two portions worth and freeze in Little freezer bags. This works real fine and doesn't noticeably diminish the taste or smell. I also have used successfully Unclebucks ice cube tray approach to great effect too, its perfect for individual portions.

You will love it here lots to learn,do and enjoy. Cheers Panpot

Offline Frying Tonight

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 05:29 PM »
Thanks for the welcome.  Ice cube tray worked a treat for ginger-garlic paste.  For bunjara I froze the floating oil separately from the onion paste.  A nice blast of curry smell every time I open the freezer.  :)

©2024 Curry Recipes