Author Topic: Prashad Onion (Banjara) Paste  (Read 7387 times)

Offline adriandavidb

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Prashad Onion (Banjara) Paste
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2009, 05:06 PM »
Thanks fror the info JerryM!  The picture paints a thousand words too, I know what to aim for now!

Do you use red onions or spanish?  I remember Panpot saying either were acceptable.

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2009, 10:47 AM »

Do you use red onions or spanish?  I remember Panpot saying either were acceptable.

i've only used normal white cooking onions. 10kg sack 3? at local Asian store.

Offline chinois

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2010, 12:03 PM »
I have this book and tried this recipe once (as well as the boiled onion paste and one of the base gravies). It was smelling good until i added the yoghurt, which sort of killed it. It smothered the flavour really. I remember the same being true of the cashewnut paste recipe too.

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2010, 11:24 PM »
I've only used white onions and the bunjarra tastes excellent and have had problems keeping it for a week or more if it covered in enough oil.

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2010, 08:43 AM »
Hi Stephen,

I've only used white onions and the bunjarra tastes excellent and have had problems keeping it for a week or more if it covered in enough oil.

Can you just clarify this.  Are you saying that you HAVE problems keeping it for longer than a week or, you have had NO problems.

Ray :)

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2010, 02:44 PM »
Hi Stephen,

Can you just clarify this.  Are you saying that you HAVE problems keeping it for longer than a week or, you have had NO problems.

Ray :)

Hey Razor - well spotted mate you are eagle eyed, I meant to say that I have had no problems keeping it for a week or more and I should also have said I keep it in the fridge.

©2024 Curry Recipes