Author Topic: New Poster from Yorkshire  (Read 2738 times)

Offline Arthur Graham

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
New Poster from Yorkshire
« on: January 18, 2009, 02:31 PM »
Been reading the forum for the last few days and I'm addicted to this place as much as I am addicted to curry!

I had my first restaurant curry in Leeds in 1986 - it was a chicken korma complete with chicken bones and a bowl of chips. It tasted incredible!

I quickly moved onto chicken bhuna which I must admit I have never tasted a curry better in my life. It had little sauce and was very rich and dry. No other bhuna I have had has come close to this.

I now prefer chicken jalfrezi as I love the hotness of the chillies and the lovely thick spicy sauce. I find this dish is consistent wherever you go. The best I've had was in Durban,South Africa along with the best Nan bread ever (which seemed to be dripping in ghee and melted in the mouth)

Well since reading this board and thumbing excitedly through Kris Dhillon's Curry Secret book I have decided to go for making my first base http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=2815.0and this evening I'll go for making a Jalfrezi for the family.http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=2664.0

I'm not expecting (or really hoping) that my curries taste like BIRs because I'm a firm believer that whenever you cook something for yourself it is never as good as when someone else cooks it for you. I've been trying to replicate my mother's coq-au-vin for years now and despite having her recipe I can get nowhere near it!

So hi all and thanks for making and contributing to a fascinating website!

:)

Offline Arthur Graham

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Re: New Poster from Yorkshire
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 06:09 PM »
Well the wife said it was the best meal I had ever cooked for her!

The meal was not perfect BIR but I doubt I'll get much closer  ;D  :o  :P

thanks again to all that has contributed - you've made me very happy indeed.

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 10:49 PM »
nice one Arthur welcome to the curry heaven

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 12:08 PM »
Hi Arthur,

Welcome to the forum  8)

Offline jaaron

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Re: joined in August but 1st post
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 09:49 AM »
Hi to all
great site with plenty of info. I need a bit more free time to contribute some info that i have gathered over the years but i,ll do my best.What might be of interest to members is whilst moving house in july 2008 i uncovered a lost video called 'The Balti Kitchen'that i bought in 1993 at the good food show in Birmingham.It shows in detail along with commentry how to make the base sauce,pre-cooked chicken,balti chicken,chicken Tikka, CMT ,Pilau rice and Nan bread. the chefs name is Sarbajit Singh, don't know if anyone has heard of him. I've copied the video to dvd so if admin want's a copy he could maybe put it on this site for viewing.let me know. in the meantime i'll try and find time to list the base sauce preparation.

Happy cooking and as the video states "You can,t go faulty with a Balti"

Offline Unclebuck

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: joined in August but 1st post
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 10:03 AM »
Hi to all
great site with plenty of info. I need a bit more free time to contribute some info that i have gathered over the years but i,ll do my best.What might be of interest to members is whilst moving house in july 2008 i uncovered a lost video called 'The Balti Kitchen'that i bought in 1993 at the good food show in Birmingham.It shows in detail along with commentry how to make the base sauce,pre-cooked chicken,balti chicken,chicken Tikka, CMT ,Pilau rice and Nan bread. the chefs name is Sarbajit Singh, don't know if anyone has heard of him. I've copied the video to dvd so if admin want's a copy he could maybe put it on this site for viewing.let me know. in the meantime i'll try and find time to list the base sauce preparation.

Happy cooking and as the video states "You can,t go faulty with a Balti"

Hi jaaron welcome to the forum  :)

©2024 Curry Recipes