Author Topic: Something New  (Read 5475 times)

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Re: Something New
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2005, 10:31 PM »
Thankyou Curry Crazy for having faith in Darth. ;D
Here is another reason why the taste is in a lot of BIR`s ( but ive found not in all, anyone else had this ??).
Down here in Cornwall there is a BIR that is reputed to do most of the training for the new Take-away Resteraunts, sort of a HQ for the region were they train the up & coming new chefs,now that is a good reason why 90% of the BIR`s have the taste but not all & the ones that don't tend to be in the category " Had a take-away there, never again it was awful"!!
I still believe it is a matter of either technique(timing etc..) or one or two missing ingredients, I'm close now
& slowly buy surely buying every logical spice available to experiment with. And Ive come a long way with the final Curry itself by pure experimentation, But have this forum to thank when it comes to the base gravy. I am confident that in time we will get there, but lets enjoy this journey & not rush its end my young apprentices. :)

yours    DARTHPHALL.

Offline pete

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2005, 02:27 PM »
but lets enjoy this journey & not rush its end my young apprentices. :)
? ?yours? ? DARTHPHALL.
I've been trying for over ten years.
I have got very close, but never seem to get the last part of the way
My worry (seriously) is that I will die without ever knowing.
And I really want to do this.
I don't know why , but this has got really important to me
Apart fom chicken stock, using less spices and, ideas on tandooried onions, we are no closer than six months ago.
Most worrying, is that any new reports, simply state what we know to be short of the mark already.

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2005, 04:30 PM »
Pete, have you tried my recipe DARTH-MASALA !!! posted on this site ? 
I agree we are at an impass at the moment "but worry ye not", the summer will soon be over & i`ll encourage one of my local BIR`s to give me cooking lessons ( do you think i`ll need to coax them with a Hammer, Beer or a shotgun  ;D ;D ).

Or i could paint a pineapple green stick a large round earing in it & tell them its Grenade & i`ll pull the pin if they don't give me the knowledge we need to finish our quest !!!  ;D ;D ;D

Love & Warheads DARTH.....
I`ve only been trying to copy them really seriously since i joined this forum ( this year ) & i`m 99% there ( Vindalloo/Tindalloo ).
But i know what you mean it does tend to occupy one`s mind not being able to cook a bloody Take-away Curry !! ;D ;D ;D ;D

©2024 Curry Recipes