Author Topic: UBs Garlic Chilli Chicken / Safron's Base & Blades Tikka  (Read 1856 times)

Offline artistpaul

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
UBs Garlic Chilli Chicken / Safron's Base & Blades Tikka
« on: January 29, 2009, 10:01 PM »
Just finished producing UBs Garlic Chilli Chicken recipe (Adapted upwards for using 400ml Base, his recipe is for 200ml Base ) easily found in the Main BIR menus section under alternatives at the bottom of the listing.

I used Saffron's Base produced to the letter and used Blade's Tikka recipe for the Chicken ( Quantities adapted for 2 chicken breasts )

Everything was made following all recipes to the letter with the exception of the following:-

Blades Tikka Recipe:
Couldnt obtain a jar of the Pataks Tandoori Paste as Im living in Turkey now  8), however I made a batch of standard Tandoori Powder ( using the standard recipe provided in the 'extras or mixes' section of this site ) sorry cant remember the name but you 'oldies will know where its at, Im just a newbie but been cooking Indian for 5 years)
To 1 desertspoon of Tandoori Powder Mix I added a level 3/4 Tsp of Tamarind Paste the runny stuff ) & mixed together. I was marinading for 2 breasts, Blades recipe is for 4 so I scaled down to the above.
Everything else in the recipe I followed exactly but scaled down volumes to suit 2 Chicken breasts.
Marinaded overnight in fridge

UBs Garlic Chilli Chicken Recipe :-

Followed exactly except for -

A) Scaling volumes upwards for 400ml Base ( Recipe is in respect of 200ml )

B) I also added 1 star anise to the cooking recipe

C) Method was followed exactly, except when it came to adding the 'Spice Mix & Methi' section of the recipe. At this point I added first the Tomato Paste fried 30 seconds, then added Spice Mix & Methi and fried for 90 seconds, added chilli Powder fried another 15 seconds, followed by a ladle at a time of base, letting it really get up to high heat before adding more until it was all in.

D) Halfway through cooking I added an extra 2 level tablespoons of Oil. ( Remember to adjust this volume up or down depending on the volume of Base you are using )

Other than a final tweak of extra Chilli Powder to my taste 5 minutes towards end of cooking, and cooked until the oil separated, thats it.

Result??

Fan Bl***y Tastic!
A Stunner, you will want to cook this often, believe me.

Give this one a go. Its a refreshing change from the usual suspects  ;D ;D

©2024 Curry Recipes