Author Topic: Member activity  (Read 8071 times)

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Member activity
« on: June 16, 2005, 03:50 PM »
Admin....Time for a clear out !!!!!
Just looked through our member list & to my amazement there are very few that have actually posted a thread !!!!!
more members we may have, but a large percentage give no feedback on the forum, there are some who have been members for over a year & posted nothing.
It might be a good idea to ask if they wish to stay members, are they taking up valuable space what is the forums limit on space etc ?
                             I`m a great believer in putting in what you take out. ;)

DARTH has spoken & his Hammers are polished ready for correction !!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline pete

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
Re: Member activity
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 05:23 PM »
I think some people are simply interested in what we have to say.
If we help them, then well and good.
I find it quite nerve racking approaching chefs for recipes.
Although nothing bad could ever happen, it still can be stressfull
I would like more recipe postings from restaurants, but I do understand how most people, wouldn't want to do it.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2005, 06:11 PM »
MarkJ recently posted a very promising report on how he'd seen the production of "Chicken Tikka Biryani with a Madras sauce". In my opinion, this sort of fact finding is invaluable and much appreciated. I wish I could contribute more myself. Others have rightly suggested the power of a joint fact finding effort by 200+ people. Imagine if there were dozens of reports on how the same dish was seen being made.

But very few people get involved in any way whatsoever. It's such a pity.

Regards
George

Offline Mark J

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2005, 06:51 PM »
Sure, but it isnt that easy to get these recipes, Im lucky that I have 2 friendly locals, but having said that I dont take no for an answer  ;D

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005, 10:10 PM »
Sure, but it isnt that easy to get these recipes, Im lucky that I have 2 friendly locals, but having said that I dont take no for an answer

You may not see as much scope as I do, given the membership potential. You may be lucky in having friendly locals who give precise quantities and other information but, in any open plan kitchen, it's possible to observe a large amount of what's going on, and put 2 and 2 together.

Regards
George
« Last Edit: June 17, 2005, 09:47 AM by George »

Offline tonyh

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2005, 11:13 PM »
Nice way to make people feel welcome Darth!!! maybe they're waiting until they've got something worth saying! It would be nice,though if more people would introduce themselves.
 I live 15 miles from my nearest bir and I don't drive, so I don't get there as much as I'd like, or see what's going on. This doesn't stop me wanting to re-create the taste at home,I've been trying a long time, back to the sixties when any sort of spice was extremely hard to find!! So Darthy try not to be so hard on people ;)

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2005, 06:19 AM »
I was just stating the lack of activity & my personal opinion.
My post was specifically aimed at those members who have been with us a year & posted nothing !!
 Ask yourself what is the point in becoming a member of a forum( participate in a common interest maybe ??)
Then perhaps those who cant get to a BIR should be trawling the net, reading books any info is a bonus. ;)
& what of all your experimental Curries ? Do you not experiment ??
 After all your years you must have something to say, you may come up with something we haven't thought of, no matter how unorthodox.
I put a good effort in trying new things & posting my finds. I expect others to do the same, if your reason for not posting is genuine so be it .

If its not i would like to unscrew your neck bolts & Microwave your Head !!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Anyhow I'm not here to make you feel welcome, i`m here to beat you to death with a Chefs SPOOOOON !!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

PS Tonyh look on the bright side.... my comment made you post something... & that cant be all bad . :D :D :D :D :D

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2005, 09:37 AM »
If you are a regular to your local BIR im sure most wouldn't mind sharing a few tips, if they get the arse about it then start going somewhere else, if you eat a lot of takeaway thats a fair bit of money they will lose  ;)

Offline Graeme

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2005, 11:40 AM »
Hi all,

Well myself have nothing to report positive at all.
Still cooking mind you, last nights meal was beans and tom's on toast,
my local take away is taking the mick! with its new tom soup version of a curry.

What I could say is that my local has taken its eye off the ball,
the main man been there for years (approx 20) and
used to run a good show, with the curry like a brown
sludge and full of spices, not like tomato soup.

Once he came in at about 9:30 and they all jumped up
and went round asking how things were etc...I hope the rest trade
ain't going to be left to this lot, Oh and they play top 40 euro songs
how bad is that!! until I asked them to switch it off!!

graeme

« Last Edit: June 17, 2005, 09:34 PM by graeme »

Offline Seth

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2005, 12:31 PM »
I have always been one of the "if you have nothing interesting to say, shut up" Kind of people, which is why I have not contributed here.

©2024 Curry Recipes