Author Topic: Chicken Rogan Josh  (Read 7102 times)

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Rogan Josh
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2009, 08:03 AM »
the reference to BIR was only on the size of onion.

on the spice mix for rogan josh Chris303's recipe calls for the rogan josh masala. at the time Chris posted recipe for Balti Masala. i'm not sure where the original recipe is but i have it as (all ground powders): coriander 12 parts, methi 3, cumin 3, chilli 1.5, Turmeric 4, Garlic 4, Ginger 2, mustard seed 2, green cardamom 2off, Fennel 2, curry leaves 4off (i don't use), whole clove 7 off (i would not add), casis 4", onion 0.5, Lovage 0.5 (not used), Bay 5 off, star anis 1 off, fenugreek seed 1/2 part. i'm not sure where the original recipe is posted (and can't find). i use panch puran to cover some of the mix requirements (fennel, mustard, cumin, fenugreek and i think mustard "nigela")

having used both spice mixes in the rogan josh i felt the balti masala just had the edge over the rogan josh masala.

Offline Malachyte

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Rogan Josh
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2009, 01:55 PM »
the reference to BIR was only on the size of onion.

on the spice mix for rogan josh Chris303's recipe calls for the rogan josh masala. at the time Chris posted recipe for Balti Masala. i'm not sure where the original recipe is but i have it as (all ground powders): coriander 12 parts, methi 3, cumin 3, chilli 1.5, Turmeric 4, Garlic 4, Ginger 2, mustard seed 2, green cardamom 2off, Fennel 2, curry leaves 4off (i don't use), whole clove 7 off (i would not add), casis 4", onion 0.5, Lovage 0.5 (not used), Bay 5 off, star anis 1 off, fenugreek seed 1/2 part. i'm not sure where the original recipe is posted (and can't find). i use panch puran to cover some of the mix requirements (fennel, mustard, cumin, fenugreek and i think mustard "nigela")

having used both spice mixes in the rogan josh i felt the balti masala just had the edge over the rogan josh masala.

Hmm, I might try out the Balti Masala then once i've finished off the batch of RJ Masala that I have made. Thanks for the tip

©2024 Curry Recipes