Author Topic: TOFFEE FLAVOUR AND KD`S NEW BOOK  (Read 22686 times)

Offline The Kris Dhillon

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: TOFFEE FLAVOUR AND KD`S NEW BOOK
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2009, 02:10 AM »
This IS Kris
Check the email details

Thanks for joining the chat, Kris
I'll be getting your book too

Someone could have registered with one email address then changed it to that one. Can we get Admin or a moderator to send an email to confirm that she has indeed registered?

Hi Bobby Bhuna,

get on to my website www.thecurrysecret.co.uk  click onto Contact Kris and e-mail me through the website.

Kris
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 04:34 PM by Unclebuck »

Offline Unclebuck

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2009, 04:39 PM »
Hi Kris i hope you don't mind me editing your posts as i assume your browser is not working too well with forum boards, i have to change the quotes around the make the post more readable for continuity. appreciate your input. UB.

Offline Derek Dansak

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2009, 11:37 AM »
adding 2 tbs of fresh methi leaf at start added a nice tangy flavor that i recomend. i wouldnt call it a toffee flavor though. its a lot nicer than dried methi which can be bitter. i think more members should try this as its quite a noticable positive chnage in flavor. not decided yet if its part of the missing 5 percent.

Offline Bobby Bhuna

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2009, 01:45 PM »
Hi Bobby Bhuna,

get on to my website www.thecurrysecret.co.uk  click onto Contact Kris and e-mail me through the website.

Kris

Done, and I can confirm that The Kris Dhillon is indeed the Kris Dhillon! 8) Thanks very much for that Kris, it's always good to know you you're speaking to (you can get some people having a laugh, trying to lead us up the garden path - that's why I'm always sceptical at first). It's great to see you're on board.

Offline The Kris Dhillon

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2009, 12:20 AM »
Hi Kris i hope you don't mind me editing your posts as i assume your browser is not working too well with forum boards, i have to change the quotes around the make the post more readable for continuity. appreciate your input. UB.

No problem, what do I need to do to make my browser work better?  Kris

Offline Unclebuck

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2009, 06:47 AM »
No problem, what do I need to do to make my browser work better?  Kris
The quotation insert should be automatic by using this button . if not use this button place the start quote at the start of the intened highlight area and the end quote at the stop point, if that makes sense anyhow looks like you got the hang of it all ready.  :)

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2009, 08:03 AM »
i think it may not have been the browser. it looked as if Kris had typed without realising inside the quote codes "[ quote ][ /quote ]" instead of adding at the end after the fwd slash quote.

i find using the preview helps to keep the human error down. the spell checker is also a must for me!

Offline lightboy

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2009, 02:10 PM »
It seems i waS on the right lines ages ago as i have been frying and adding methi leaves to My Base and curries for about 2 years now , though as someone did say previously in this thread its not the " toasty toffee " flavour .. it justs adds a little more BIR authenticity ..
oh also Kris if you read this try adding fried/toasted panch phoran (bengali spice mix)i think this is the last piece of the jigsaw ..
as to the toffee thing im 99% certain that is mainly down to flaming in the pan ...

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2009, 08:14 AM »
It seems i waS on the right lines ages ago as i have been frying and adding methi leaves to My Base http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=2702

Lightboy,

i guess from your base recipe in the link the methi is dry and not the fresh. have u tried the fresh. it's certainly different the idea of having methi in the base. i'm still not sold on it but feel given what u say i should try it. i'm thinking the fresh though?

oh also Kris if you read this try adding fried/toasted panch phoran (bengali spice mix)i think this is the last piece of the jigsaw ..

i have a bag of panch puran bought when i used to make my own garam masala. again using this in the base as part of the spice mix is certainly different. i use fennel already and effectively would be adding mustard, fenugreek and nigela. something to try for sure.

PS,

My new KD2 book is at the delivery office and going to collect it this morning.

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2009, 01:42 PM »
For me, the frozen methi works better when added to the final dish and not into the base sauce...the taste changes when left and it isn't quite the same (though I made the base and used it for a curry immediately and the flavour was spot on)....

©2024 Curry Recipes