Author Topic: TOFFEE FLAVOUR AND KD`S NEW BOOK  (Read 22694 times)

Offline barrie44

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: TOFFEE FLAVOUR AND KD`S NEW BOOK
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2009, 12:45 PM »
HIYA ALL AGAIN THE LINK BELOW WAS E-MAILED TO ME BY KRIS.SUGGESTED PUTTING IT ON HERE ALSO.IT IS THE TOP TEN CURRY HOUSES IN THE UK.THEY SHOW WHAT DISHES THEY ARE SERVING MIGHT GIVE YOU ALL SOME IDEAS WHO KNOWS.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/food_and_drink/real_food/art
WARM REGARDS
BARRIE

Offline Curry Barking Mad

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2009, 12:50 PM »
PLEASE PLEASE get some more upto date security

Offline Derek Dansak

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2009, 05:24 PM »
ok barrie, point taken. what exactly do you put the great taste you describe down too? what recipe did you use to go with the base. if indeed you are correct, then other cr0 members need to varify it. this is easier if you specify the page numbers for the recipe, and the base etc etc. i also assume you refer to the latest kd book. i own the original kd book, and i liked the base, but not so keen on the other recipies. too much garam masaala i felt.

Offline barrie44

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2009, 06:24 PM »

what do you mean

Offline barrie44

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2009, 06:31 PM »
ok barrie, point taken. what exactly do you put the great taste you describe down too? what recipe did you use to go with the base. if indeed you are correct, then other cr0 members need to varify it. this is easier if you specify the page numbers for the recipe, and the base etc etc. i also assume you refer to the latest kd book. i own the original kd book, and i liked the base, but not so keen on the other recipies. too much garam masaala i felt.
hiya again d d i will shortly do that for you.this is exactly why i posted in the first place.if everybody can try it someone else is sure to get the technique/method the same as i managed.as jerry m said he did two curries in a row and they differed i could put technique on paper although it won`t necessarily work on individuals hobs.so as i said i posted so everyone can try it we all want to find the answer.

Offline Curry Barking Mad

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2009, 06:42 PM »

what do you mean

you must have missed the robot posted crap that was all over the site earlier...........

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2009, 07:19 AM »

the site does not load at all at the mo.

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2009, 07:29 AM »
barrie44,

i'm still non plus. i've made KD1 base for yrs. since joining the site i've never revisited it. i've now got KD2 (well pleased on the purchase) but i've no urge to make the new base. i'd just add that i had no problem with the smell of the original. i did some onion boiling trials a while ago. i also make onion paste. i know there is no benefit in frying onions in a base (other than the smell and that the base is made well).

i feel therefore that what your describing must have come from the dish cooking and not the base. my personal belief on bases is that there is a threshold and once passed the impact on the dish is then limited. the KD1 base clearly passes the threshold.

please outline what u cooked and the how. it's the technique as u pointed out that i'm very interested in to improve the hit and miss of my results. i'd be very interested on how your repeatability is as this would be a strong pointer that whatever you are doing is the right thing. i'd love of course to try it out.

real good stuff many thanks.

©2024 Curry Recipes