Author Topic: Another Aussie  (Read 1309 times)

Offline BradM

• Chef
    • View Profile
Another Aussie
« on: May 19, 2009, 04:25 PM »
Hello gang,
thought I'd say a big hello - I have been reading the site for a week or so and I'm having a great time.

I'm just outside of Adelaide, South Aus, and my name's Brad - if you hadn't guessed from my user name. ;)

I've been making from pastes (Patak/Sharwood/Maharajah's Choice) for years and thought I'd have a go at making them from scratch.

I got hold of Ranjit Rai's Curry Curry Curry, not a bad book but I was intrigued that he had a few base sauces in the front of the book that you just add your parboiled meat to.
I then saw a local cooking show that went inside an curry house kitchen and I saw what we all know now here, a simple base sauce that goes in nearly all of the recipes was the core of cooking a curry fast for the customer.
After doing a bit of searching I found this site!

I've done one batch of Admin's sauce - but with half the powdered spices added - and I have been blown away! :D
I've done a mild korma style, a regular medium chicken curry, a beef vindaloo and a chicken makhan. They have been great!!!

Anyway, I've been absorbing techniques, downloaded a few bits and pieces and generally had a good time.

So cheers lads! Thanks for the forums!!!

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Another Aussie
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 06:27 PM »
Brad,

reason for the post is i tried what i call an AIR base a while ago (ivangough's) and it's not bad at all - may be of interest link http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php/topic,2628.0.html

i intend to revisit it soon as i feel there's still some learning in there for me.

best wishes on the curry cooking.

©2024 Curry Recipes