0 (0%)
8/10
1 (10%)
9/10
0 (0%)
10/10 it's the bee's knees!
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: My Curry Base Recipe  (Read 3051 times)

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
My Curry Base Recipe
« on: June 01, 2009, 03:23 PM »
The following is my curry base recipe...how do you find it?

(a test to evaluate the feasibility of a polling system for recipes)

Please add a comment, particularly if you made any changes to the recipe  :P

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: My Curry Base Recipe
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 04:49 PM »
Its a great idea but you can not retrospectivly update a post to become a Poll otherwise it would work like a charm.

You would need to make a new poll for each recipe.

Stew

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 05:14 PM »
Hmmmmm, so it might work, in principle, for new recipes and would also work, for old recipes, if someone was willing to repost them (and, presumably, all subsequent posts in the thread)?

Recipe posters and/or mods might be willing to do this?  Maybe? If it's worthwhile and there are no other viable options?  :-\

And if we did this, would there be a way to collate the results as a summary for a recipe section (for all curry bases, all madras recipes, for example)?

Haha, thanks for the 10/10 vote anyway Stew  :P 8)

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 08:28 AM »
this is exactly what we need plus a text box for review comment (limited to say 250 characters)

i don't see it retrospectively applied. i'd also say it should only be for those "few" newly submitted recipes that are offered as BIR standard on the new template. the recipes having previously gone through the normal forum route of question and answer.

will clarify more in the original thread http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=3544.msg31764#msg31764

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 10:51 AM »
The following is my curry base recipe...how do you find it?

I can't possibly tell because a base sauce in complete isolation is only a building block. I feel it needs to be associated with a specific recipe for a final dish.

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 11:00 AM »
It's only here to illustrate a possibility for rating recipes (bases or otherwise) using what we currently have available on the forum George - rather than waiting forever for some other rating system to be available.

I think you can gain a reasonable idea if a base is any good in isolation to a specific recipe.  However, I do agree that making a curry (or curries) from a base would be the final test of it's merit.  But that's by the by, I suppose, in relation to my purpose of posting this thread. 
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 11:39 AM by Cory Ander »

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 07:21 PM »
we do need to know which are the "best" bases as well as the mains and starters.

yes it needs words to explain the extent of the limitations but that said a shorter list to choose from has much more going for it than what exists now (a very long list).

©2024 Curry Recipes