Author Topic: Authentic Balti Curry  (Read 3447 times)

Offline Blondie

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Authentic Balti Curry
« on: June 29, 2005, 10:03 AM »
Hi all,

I went to the Kushi Balti house (as discussed here http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=334.0) yesterday evening to meet the chef and the guy that he is co writing the book "Authentic Balti Curry" with. ?I also ate there and managed to obtain sample recipes for the base sauces and spice mixes to test for them. ?i will be cooking today and will report my findings.

Please do not ask for the recipes, as of course they are subject to copyright and I have signed an agreement to that end that I intend to keep to. ?Having said that, I will be able to let you know what I think of the book (with the writers permissions).

On first appearances (and it is only a rough draft of part of the book) it looks very very good. ?It contains methods, spice mixes and ingredients that I have seen rarely if at all, on this web site or anywhere else.

The food at the restaurant was excellent and fairly inexpensive and the main man Mr Ali Haydor and his co-writer Andy Holmes are really nice guys and are looking forward to my findings as a keen amateur cook.

Watch this space,

Blondie

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Authentic Balti Curry
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 10:12 AM »
Are you on their payroll :D

How much they paying you to get us excited then
It contains methods, spice mixes and ingredients that I have seen rarely if at all, on this web site or anywhere else.

Only joking we look forward to your report!

S 8)

Offline Blondie

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 10:23 AM »
Hi Admin,

I think, as from past experience, the time to get excited is when the cooking is done and the results tasted, but at least it's something new to look at.

I know you were only joking, but I even paid for our meals in full, sadly I am not on their payroll.

More soon,

Blondie

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 10:56 AM »
Nice one, let us know how it goes although past experience tells me not to hold my breath.? At least this way if it is a load of crap you can tell us all in advance and save us buying it? ;)

I also thought that you couldn't really copyright recipes due to the fact that you can rewrite them with a couple of ingredients changed slightly, not exactly reproducing the whole book anyway.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 11:00 AM by Curry King »

Offline pete

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 01:11 PM »
On first appearances (and it is only a rough draft of part of the book) it looks very very good. ?It contains methods, spice mixes and ingredients that I have seen rarely if at all, on this web site or anywhere else.
Are you saying that we have missed a spice?
Something that might make a big difference?
Have they told you what the "taste" is?
Answering yes or no won't breach copywrite

Offline Ian S.

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 02:06 PM »
Blondie, that's fantastic.  How great that they've given out sample recipes to 'bench test'.

At least it shows they care about the book and its contents, if they want to make sure the recipes can be recreated at home.  Looking forward to your opinions later!

©2024 Curry Recipes