Author Topic: CTM Base  (Read 18353 times)

Offline tgad2007

• Chef
    • View Profile
CTM Base
« on: August 13, 2009, 06:42 PM »
This was the base made up for a CTM, firstly the base was made by using:-
4 onions
1 red pepper
1 tin of chopped tomatoes.

The veg was added to ginger and garlic paste being ently fried then water to cover. Then left to boil for half hour.  Then half a tsp of garam masala, half a tsp of salt, and a tsp of mix spice (turmeric,paprika,cumin,coriander,curry powder).  Then a tablespoon of pataks tandoori paste/(masala paste) was added, then cooled and blended.  back in the pot and on the heat and 2 tablespoons of sugar was added along with an unmeasured guess of 4 tablespoons of golden syrup and half a tablespoon of almond powder and a full tablespoon of coconut powder.  To finish off a knob of butter was put in as he said this will help keep it tight and congeal it in the fridge when cooled.  Then all he did to make CTM was to add the meat 3 ladels of base and 2 tablespoons of the chilled CTM base and hey presto, and a drop of single cream to garnish

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: CTM Base
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 10:46 AM »
tgad2007,

some very new ideas here for sure.

i presume i could think of the "CTM Base" as "CTM paste" and the 3 ladles of base as the std base in the your other post.

the golden syrup is something we use at home but never crossed my mind to use it for curry making.

i can't help being disappointed at the use of Pataks but u can't have everything and i could get round that.

the amount of coconut flour/powder in the finished dish seems low but i do think BIR's sometimes go ott and this could well be a refreshing change.

i'll certainly give it a go. i can't believe it could be better than what i make all the time (CK's) but there's certainly enough difference here to say it's got to be worth trying out.

Offline tgad2007

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 02:40 PM »
my friend Taj who was the chef showing me also stated that it will taste nicer if you put fruit in it, such as any tinned fruit like peaches, pears, cherrys, mango, thigs like that but the only reason he doesnt do it in his restuarant is because he'd have to put up the prices to high due to the costs.

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 02:46 PM »
What!  :o  Peaches, pears, mango, cherries, etc! In a CTM!  ::)  FFS!  What IS this forum coming to!  ::)

Offline tgad2007

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 02:48 PM »
that was in the boiling of the veg stage so they would also be blended up aswell

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 02:49 PM »
that was in the boiling of the veg stage so they would also be blended up aswell

What?  peaches, pears, cherries and mangos?  In a CTM?  :-\

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 02:50 PM »
I'm sorry Tgad2007, I'm being a little unfair to you.  But, those ingredients are definately NOT part of any BIR curry that I'm familiar with...and certainly not a CTM!  :P

Offline tgad2007

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 02:52 PM »
YES im sure anyone else reading this post got it the first time!!!!!!!!!!!!! and plus as i said this is what he told me he would do to make it taste better and as this isnt standard practice in BIR because of the extra cost its probably not something you would have come across before.  Just thought id share something from an Indian Chef with a succesful business who obviously knows his indian food

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 02:57 PM »
Maybe so Tgad2007, but they didn't bother to point out that THIS IS NOT BIR FARE!  :-\

Offline tgad2007

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2009, 03:00 PM »
Get over yourself, if all you can do is be blunt and rude then dont bother to read my posts, am just sharing a little knowledge ive picked up

©2024 Curry Recipes