Author Topic: CTM Base  (Read 18369 times)

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: CTM Base
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2009, 01:28 PM »
yes Cory it was not made directly as a standard base then the stuff was added but pretty much so with the addition of the mint sauce which i originally forgot to mention to which i apologise to anyone who tried the recipe without the mint sauce. and the tin of tomatoes was 400g

Sorry Tgad, I'm still not clear (call me "thick", or "cory *anker", if you will!  ;))  but, did he add the CTM ingredients (i.e. the 2 tablespoons of sugar, 4 tablespoons of golden syrup, half a tablespoon of almond powder, a tablespoon of coconut powder, mint sauce and a knob of butter) to the base ingredients (i.e. veg, ginger and garlic paste, water, half a tsp of garam masala, half a tsp of salt, a tsp of mix spice and a tablespoon of pataks tandoori paste)?  Or were these two distinct and separate processes?

Offline joshallen2k

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2009, 03:14 PM »
..and don't forget the peaches, pears and cherries Josh 

Maybe that's what I've been missing in my CTM  ;)

In seriousness though I've never been able to hit the mark with CTM.

I've tried different recipes, red masalas, etc. This is different enough to warrant a try. Minus the fruit of course.

Offline tgad2007

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2009, 06:33 PM »
Yeah admittedly i would not put any fruit in it was just something he said would make it taste better in his opinion.  But yes Cory when we made it we made it as a batch of CTM base/paste purposely but he did say that you could just add these other ingredients mentioned and turn it into the CTM base/paste.  Not sure what anyone else uses for colouring but he used one that was a powder

Offline tgad2007

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2009, 06:36 PM »
Just read your post again Cory, the tandoori paste only went in the masala base/paste.  I currently have a batch of it in my fridge and you can honestly eat it with a spoon on its own and it tastes like some type of very sweet cake mix

Offline tgad2007

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2009, 06:38 PM »
What i will do is make the CTM base/paste within the next week and upload pictures on here stage by stage

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2009, 07:27 PM »
Cory Ander it was in Ostend  ;D

Offline joshallen2k

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2009, 07:36 PM »
tgad2007 - really looking forward to the pics, and if the home "re-creation" of this method leads you to the same result in the restaurant.

When you make the CTM (base + CTM base + cream), which "regular" base do you plan to use?

-- Josh

Offline tgad2007

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2009, 08:46 PM »
i plan to use the base that i have stated within my posts in "Eperienced members base of choice" have a look

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2011, 10:37 AM »
i finally got to making this masala. now being a fan of pasco/patak pastes there was nothing in the way.

it's very different to any other red masala i've tasted. i need to try in CTM next.

i can't put my finger on what's niggling me but suspect it's the red pepper.

the recipe was to spec except i added in 70g of veg ghee as there was otherwise no oil to cook the onion in. i also reduced the sugar by 0.5 as it was sweet enough.

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2011, 03:01 PM »
the CTM using the masala was very good. much better than the taste of the masala suggested (the red pepper was not noticeable in the dish).

the batch of the parker21 masala that i made at the same time had turned out too strong and decided to combine the masala's as gut feeling suggested that the sum might be interesting.

on a spoon taste out of the bowl the combined mix tastes very good. will make CTM dish before deciding further.

©2024 Curry Recipes