Author Topic: CA's Curry Base (aka "gravy"/"sauce")  (Read 252207 times)

Offline skywalker123123

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Re: CA's Curry Base (aka "gravy"/"sauce")
« Reply #370 on: August 25, 2014, 07:50 PM »
I'm brand new to making my own  BIR curry even though I do like to dabble in a bit of cooking. Anyway I found this site today, which inspired me to go down to my local asian spice shop and stock up on some basics including their own "spice mix" and "Tandoori masala". As I had the day off I spent the afternoon creating "my own" Tandoori Chicken marinade posted by CA.
Not content to stop there with a growing hunger I went on to make CA's Curry base followed by his Chicken Jalfrezi. I had to compromise on a couple of ingredients but reckon I stayed within 90% of the ingredients and measures. I delivered it to the table this evening with an element of intrepidation as I awaited the verdict. Thumbs up from Mrs W and my 13, 7, 3 and 2 year old girls. Without a shadow of a doubt the best curry I have ever created and all thanks to this site and its members (Thanks CA!)
Looks like Im going to be spending a lot more time learning the ropes on here :) 

littlechilie

« Reply #371 on: August 25, 2014, 08:03 PM »
Welcome I can certainly recommend you check out Jb's base gravy and Chewy Tikka's base and video recipes,  there are a lot of outstanding base sauce on the forum.

Offline Madrasandy

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 25, 2014, 08:08 PM »
Yep I 2nd that lc, jb base is the bees knees as are chewys video recipes, far better than CA's recipes

Offline skywalker123123

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 25, 2014, 09:13 PM »
Thanks Guys. I will definitely be exploring the different recipes on here. Already looking forward to my Tandoori Chicken tomorrow  ;)

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 25, 2014, 09:24 PM »
Remember it depends where you are from as all curries will differ from region in the country, where are you from?

littlechilie

« Reply #375 on: August 25, 2014, 09:40 PM »
Enjoy your journey skywalker my son  ;D always wanted to say that ;) BIR Is a lifetime hobby so lots to look forwards to.

Offline skywalker123123

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 30, 2014, 11:10 AM »
Im from Accrington in lancashire so there are lots of asian grocery shops close by. :)

Offline tricky28

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 25, 2014, 05:49 PM »
Hi, When he refers to tomato paste does he mean tomato puree or the American equivalent?

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile

Offline tricky28

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 28, 2014, 09:14 AM »
Thanks for your help!

©2024 Curry Recipes