Author Topic: CA's Curry Base (aka "gravy"/"sauce")  (Read 250960 times)

Offline slo_moshun

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Re: CA's Curry Base (aka "gravy"/"sauce")
« Reply #380 on: January 23, 2015, 04:23 AM »
Thanks for your reply Dopiazafurther details ADVB. 

I have tried numerous stocks in the past (including off-the-shelf liquid stocks, stock cubes and granules, "akhni stock" and home made stock of chicken, vegetables and meat) but I will retry adding chicken stock, as you describe.

I am determined to find (what I feel must be) that missing ingredient from the curry base!

CA - I'm new on here. I've read a lot of these posts and used the Taz base last night for the Taz Dopiaza
I've been cooking decent food for 20 years at home and think less is more. A base is mostly water, tap water.
if you drank this then immediately tasted filtered water the taste difference is unbelievable after removing
the crap from it. I used filtered water in my base and although no comparison to make, it was bob on. The finished dish
needed sugar and salt to balace along with fresh lemon juice which brings everything together.

Hope this helps.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 23, 2015, 06:56 PM »
CA - I'm new on here. I've read a lot of these posts

Welcome to this forum. I trust others will be able to help with your questions. As for CA himself, I regret to inform you that he was banned some time ago.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 23, 2015, 07:05 PM »
George, George, George -- surely "I regret to inform you that CA left this forum some time to set up a rival forum with similar aims, but after a recent return and a series of extremely non-constructive posts, it was deemed necessary to ban him.  That aside, his recipes are still thought by many to be well worth trying".

Much more diplomatic, don't you think, and also (dare I say it ?) rather more accurate ?  Much as I personally loath and detest the man as a bullying domineering braggart, that should not (and does not) prevent me from trying to summarise his past contributions from an unbiased, neutral and balanced perspective.

** Phil.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 10:30 PM by Phil [Chaa006] »

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 24, 2015, 12:32 AM »
Much more diplomatic, don't you think, and also (dare I say it ?) rather more accurate ? 

Are you kidding? My statement was straight forward and 100% accurate, without going into loads of history, let alone personal insults aimed at the man you seem also to admire.

I forget the precise details but I'm fairly sure the CA identity was banned, only for him to sneak back years' later with a different ID.

I just knew somebody would be along to point out the existence of another site.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 24, 2015, 09:33 AM »
I just knew somebody would be along to point out the existence of another site.

George, you may bury your head in the sand as much and as often as you wish, but your brain will still tell you that (a) other similar curry-related sites exist; (b) CA left here in order to set one up; and (c) his recipes are still regarded by many as highly valuable contributions to the art.  Can you honestly deny any of these statements ?

** Phil.

Offline JennyLou90

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 29, 2016, 03:05 PM »
Hi,

I'm a newbie here on the quest for a perfect korma, I'm going to start with this base today and hopefully build upon that!
It took me about 2 hours and four different supermarkets, but i have finally found the ingredients.

I will hopefully post finished results on the site and continue my curry education!

Thank you CA for taking the time to post the recipe.

Jenny

Offline JennyLou90

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 30, 2016, 12:27 PM »
So I completed the mix recipe and also the Curry Base and have to say I am very impressed :)
It is the first thing i have tried from this site, and I expected it to go horribly wrong- but it didn't!
Onwards and upwards!

Jen

©2024 Curry Recipes