Author Topic: Asha Edinburgh  (Read 2411 times)

Offline Bobby Bhuna

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Asha Edinburgh
« on: September 24, 2009, 11:08 PM »
Been yet again. The nicest staff you will ever meet. They are happy to talk curry. I got a few tips tonight. Brilliant curry.

The wise looking chef I mentioned before was on again (head chef). Best chef in Edinburgh IMHO. I actually met a guy from my previous favourite takeaway the Shapla who outright told me this guy is the best chef in Edinburgh. I quite believe it.

They gave me some amazing lamb mice / spiced little fritters while I was waiting - they're trying it out as a starter. They were lovely. I could taste lamb, fresh chilli, mint, fenugreek seed, fresh coriander and I think lemon juice. I think they were coated in gram flour and deep fried. Awesome.

If you're in Edinburgh, try this takeaway! 10/10!

Offline joshallen2k

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Asha Edinburgh
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 01:23 AM »
Hey BB,

Sounds like a great place. If I'm ever in Edinburgh, you bet I'm searching for this thread.

Did you get any useful hints/tips that might help us home-chefs out?

-- Josh

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 09:00 AM »
Been yet again. The nicest staff you will ever meet. They are happy to talk curry. I got a few tips tonight. Brilliant curry.

The wise looking chef I mentioned before was on again (head chef). Best chef in Edinburgh IMHO. I actually met a guy from my previous favourite takeaway the Shapla who outright told me this guy is the best chef in Edinburgh. I quite believe it.

They gave me some amazing lamb mice / spiced little fritters while I was waiting - they're trying it out as a starter. They were lovely. I could taste lamb, fresh chilli, mint, fenugreek seed, fresh coriander and I think lemon juice. I think they were coated in gram flour and deep fried. Awesome.

If you're in Edinburgh, try this takeaway! 10/10!

Hey Bobby, Lamb Mice/spiced little fritters or critters?  I hope thats a typo mate!! lol

Sounds like a wonderful place though, must try it the next time I'm up there.

There is a wonderful Deli up there I visit too, http://www.valvonacrolla.co.uk they sell everything :)

Offline benalder

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 01:52 PM »
Bobby, is this the one at Corstorphine? If so I will try it next time I'm passing there.

©2024 Curry Recipes