Author Topic: CA's Chicken Madras  (Read 85332 times)

Offline RubyDoo

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: CA's Chicken Madras
« Reply #140 on: June 08, 2013, 11:59 AM »
Sorry Ruby, I will re-phrase my question. How did the spiced oil taste by itself?  Just a bit surprised that its inclusion in a curry made with a base (and meat) containing no whole spices didn't have a significant effect on the finished dish.

Rob  :)

No whole spices but does have mix etc. the oil on its own has a tang of onion bhaji. Not surprising considering how it is made.  :) i do also like to add some magic sauce C2G style.  ;)

Online Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 08, 2013, 02:25 PM »
Sorry Ruby, I will re-phrase my question. How did the spiced oil taste by itself?  Just a bit surprised that its inclusion in a curry made with a base (and meat) containing no whole spices didn't have a significant effect on the finished dish.

No whole spices but does have mix etc. the oil on its own has a tang of onion bhaji. Not surprising considering how it is made.  :) i do also like to add some magic sauce C2G style.  ;)

Thanks.  I'd like to make some pre-made spiced oil at some point as an addition to some dishes.  Notably fish and perhaps tikka dishes.  Good effort by CA as he's designed the recipe based on little/no information.  No idea how to make it myself; it's not used at my local TA, but some chefs do seem to use it. I envisage it as being very aromatic (similar to the spiced oil made via pre-cooked meat etc.) fairly simple in terms of ingredients, definitely with Asian bay, quite possibly no onions, and made via high temp baghar/tempering.  Think I'll have to wait for Chris' e-book.

Offline adamavfc

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 13, 2013, 12:49 PM »
i made this today. it was nice but i had a problem
i never had much sauce to dip bread in. do i need to add more curry base?

Online martinvic

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 13, 2013, 11:32 PM »
Hi Adam

Did you use 300ml of base, as per the recipe?
With that much base you should have had plenty of sauce IMO.

VTID  ;)
Martin

©2024 Curry Recipes