Author Topic: Pizza Maker  (Read 8392 times)

Offline haldi

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Pizza Maker
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2009, 07:43 AM »
Hi Haldi

The stuff you want is 'McDougalls Premium Supreme Sauce and Pastry'. Tesco stock it so it must be in the other supermarkets as well. It's in a sort of maroon packet with a blue banner round it, done my best to find a picture but can't seem to get hold of one. Hope this helps.

Cheers
CoR
Try contacting Dovefarm for your nearest stockist, they supply it to many smaller shops.

Thanks to both of tou

Offline jimmy2x

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2009, 12:10 AM »
hi

i copied this recipe and made pizza a lot better than any shop ever sells, and its so simple. a must is a proper pizza tray though.

just follow this reciepe to the letter and you will make brilliant thin and crispy pizzas.

something i did was roll the dough out real thin, as thin as i could get it withough creating holes. its a little tricky lifting it up into the tray but i manage it fine just gotta be carefull.

http://cook.dannemann.org.uk/mains/pizza/

seriously try it, before anything else. wish i took pics to show the pizzas i made, will next time and post them.

its a doddle and dirt cheap

Offline jimmy2x

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2009, 12:15 AM »
would just like to add to above, the dough is much better rolled, my pizzas looked much better than the pics in that recipe. they had that nice pizza edge that they pics shown dont have.

i curled the dough right over the lip of the tray then cut them neat around it with a knife.

Offline Unclebuck

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2009, 12:16 AM »
would just like to add to above, the dough is much better rolled, my pizzas looked much better than the pics in that recipe. they had that nice pizza edge that they pics shown dont have.

i curled the dough right over the lip of the tray then cut them neat around it with a knife.

nice link man, sweet  :)

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2009, 08:35 AM »
jimmy2x,

this is my take and may be useful. http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=3130.0.

pizza is another one of those tricky things to get right. the dannemann link looks pretty good - caution though there's a bit of trial an error needed as what works for one person don't necessarily work for others. i would not cook at 240C for example, my max being 210. i don't agree that just using bottom heat only is best - my wish is for an oven with top & bottom heat adjustment.

for me the key elements of getting it right are:
1) the right toppings and proportions
2) dough kneading
3) the profile and amount of dough in the pan/sheet

for example just recently i've increased the dough per pan from 8oz to 12 oz (13" base), the cheese from 125g to 150g. i've also switched from asda mozzarella to sainsbury's grated mild cheese. the pizza is now the best i've made.

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2009, 09:21 AM »
i've also switched from asda mozzarella to sainsbury's grated mild cheese. the pizza is now the best i've made.

That would be a step too far for me Jerry. A real pizza has to have mozzarella for that stringy effect when you lift a slice!

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2009, 10:36 AM »
Secret Santa,

your right and i'm a me too. this is one we need to keep qt. the sainsbury mozzarella is side by side with the mild cheese on the shelf (white bag with orange lettering). u simply would normally just bypass the mild stuff. enough said.

Offline jimmy2x

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2009, 12:17 PM »
at the moment lidl is selling mozzarella (the proper stuff in the wet bag) it costs 50p only, and each bag gives just the right amount for a large pizza, i bought  load of them for freezing just incase the offer goes.

Offline jimmy2x

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2009, 08:06 PM »
presuaded the wife to have a pizza tonight instead of the usual sunday roast.

here are pics, used the recipe i posted above.

adding the bread yeast to the flour, olive oil, salt. just put the yeast in a glass with warm water and a little sugar and stirred and waited 10 mins.

once kneaded left the dough in a bowl for an hour under a table cloth then took half and rolled out very thin.

laid over the pizza tray.

trimmed the edge, let the dough rest for 10 mins, then put pizza base sauce i made as stated in  recipe in the centre to spread out.

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2593/pizza4.jpg

loading up the pizza

mozzarelli on and into the oven

the finished article

here's a close up, tasted as good as the best pizza take away.

©2024 Curry Recipes