Author Topic: Great Success  (Read 1820 times)

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Great Success
« on: July 21, 2005, 09:41 AM »
Morning All,

I tried making a new batch of curry sauce last night off this site and have had great success.? Probaby the best to date with the most accurate look, feel and final curry taste.

Ok so here is the full post to the Curry Sauce
http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=279.0

I did however modify the base a little as i did not have all the ingredients to hand, here goes: -

6 Onions
Half a red pepper
Quarter of a bottle of Oil
1 Table Spoon - Garlic Puree (From a Jar)
1 Table Spoon - Ginger Puree (From a jar)
1.5 Table Spoons - Restaurant Curry Powder Mix
1 Table Spoon - Turmeric
1 Tea Spoon - Chili Powder
1 Tea Spoon - Salt
1 Tea Spoon Sharwoods Curry Powder, Hot Madras 113g (i used this instead of Garam Masala)
1 Plum Tomato
Tomato Paste ( big squeeze from a tube)
Water to cover upto level of onions

I made it in the same way: -

Heat oil
Add Garlic / Ginger Puree fry until brown (make sure its brown)
Add Restaurant Curry Powder Mix, Turmeric and Chilli Powder? and fry for 30 / 40 seconds, add a glug of water after so it does not stick to bottom.
Add all chopped up onions, pepper, salt, Sharwoods Curry Powder then add water upto level of onions and boil for 1.5 hours over a low flame, simmer etc then liquidize then simmer again for a further half hour so it goes dark.

The Restaurant Curry Powder Mix is as follows but taken from one of Pete's post but i used Sharwoods Curry Powder, Hot Madras 113g from Sainsburys instead of the Rajah mild madras curry powder: -

1 teaspoon paprika
3/4 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon salt (yes, definitely salt!)
1/4 teaspoon chili
1/4 teaspoon cummin
1/3 teaspoon coriander
1/3 teaspoon rajah mild madras curry powder Sharwoods Curry Powder, Hot Madras 113g from Sainsburys

For the curry as always i just heat oil, add ginger garlic puree, then 1 teaspoon of Restaurant Curry Powder Mix to oil, then a bit of base over a high heat and reduce down, then add Diced Onions fry for a minute or 2, then meat/prawns, wait 1 minute, then 2 ladles of base, loads of coriander stalks and chopped coriander bit of salt.

Best Madras to date.

I would urge all of you to take a recipe try it, modify it and learn......then report back, its great fun

Stew 8)

Offline blade1212

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Great Success
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 06:33 PM »
Stew, same here - very good results with this. Another suggestion is to try 1/2 tsp methi and a tbl of tomato puree in the final dish - it works for me.

©2024 Curry Recipes