Author Topic: My best curry in some time, (Ever?)  (Read 1901 times)

Offline Mikka1

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
My best curry in some time, (Ever?)
« on: October 19, 2009, 08:25 PM »
I used Bruce's base but added a WHOLE green pepper. I love the way it smells and adds something to the sauce. I used my new Tomato paste which is basically fried onions with spices. I also added 1/2 tsp Asoftida right at the start and used some 5 green chillies along with 1 tbs onions, also dried ginger.

I used also CA's spice oil (With missing ingredients).

House stinks but what a taste!
Am wondering if I should reclaim that oil that you see here but.

Heck I'm letting it sit for a while now. That dish is what I get my food in. There are stabs in the top of the lid when they let you have it but I'll get to that another time.
This is rather like a Jalfrezi and I should really have added the peppers. Also uses cooked tikka chicken since it was left over from another night.

I guess you could all it a Jalfrezi then?  ::)

Found I couldn't upload an image, sorry.

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: My best curry in some time, (Ever?)
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 07:24 AM »
Mikka,

the photo difficulty happens now and again. u have to join photobucket or some other hosting site to then post a link in your post. a bit of a hassle.

u might want to try admins recipe for jalfrezi - it's the best i've found for jalfrezi. http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php/topic,2664.0.html

on rec the curry oil from the dish - i don't out of preference but some posts suggest u should if u want to maximise taste. downside for me is that the oil would become a mixed bag in essence. i don't know though if this would affect the individual dish taste. i've also not felt the need.

Offline Mikka1

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: My best curry in some time, (Ever?)
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 11:41 AM »
Thanks again Jerry.
Well summing this up. If it was a car on Top Gear going around a track it would have come about halfway up the leader board. Not good enough frankly. I think I swamped the spice with too much base sauce? Had I left it when that aroma hit I think I would have had a very good dish. ::)

I used to cook with a lot more spice and ended up with something rather mushy and gritty which is why I changed base and tried a few different things too. Tatties and Chicken are delicious and although it was still enjoyable, even moreish to some extent I'd say I failed.

Ah well time to spin the wheel again and perhaps add larger portions of spice since there was less in the base. :-\

Picture looks great. Will see where I can upload it to.
Thanks again.

©2024 Curry Recipes