Author Topic: Chicken Madras (ish)  (Read 2640 times)

Offline Mikka1

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Chicken Madras (ish)
« on: October 25, 2009, 06:20 PM »
This is the image of the food I was talking about on another thread. I'll link it up later.
Looks the part doesn't it. Smelled good too until I mucked up with the base sauce.

Chicken was just Mmmmmmmmmmm!  ;D
Sauce? Eh ok I guess.

This is what I am trying to stop as regards my cooking in Indian. I have to admit this stigma is affecting everything I cook now.

Offline emin-j

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Madras (ish)
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 06:50 PM »
That looks a lot of oil Mikka  :o what oil do you use and what base sauce recipe ?

Offline Mikka1

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 06:56 PM »
Hi Emin.
Very little really. I did this recently based on the oil reclamation project. I was going to pull off this oil and save it.

Believe it or not some dishes come this way. I had them all over with a similar amount of oil. I know its not good for you (Depending on oil type) but even the taste was not up to my standards.

That looks a lot of oil Mikka  :o what oil do you use and what base sauce recipe ?

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 09:34 AM »
This is what I am trying to stop as regards my cooking in Indian.

For me the oil is either coming from too much at frying stage (i've settled on 4 tbs std, 6 tbsp max for madras and 3 tbsp min) or in the base itself (i leave around 7% oil in the base based on the initial volume of chopped onion, typ 100ml in 800g onion).

Offline Mikka1

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 06:33 PM »
Sorry Ermin didn't answer this properly.
Bruce Edwards base with a whole green pepper and veggy oil. I do use Veg Ghee but it has such a clinging property to it. Perhaps I should use that?

Offline Derek Dansak

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 03:55 PM »
you could reclaim enough oil from that madras to keep all the members of CR0 happy for years  ;D. The coriander looks suspended in oil, barely touching the curry !

©2024 Curry Recipes