Author Topic: CA's Chicken Ceylon  (Read 105839 times)

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: CA's Chicken Ceylon
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2014, 02:52 PM »
I hope to try this recipe soon but I can't help wondering if at least three of the glowing reviews posted in 2013 are genuine, or self-praise arranged by CA to promote his forum.

Users: lawness, DavidTR and davetrubleu have only one post each - all praising this recipe. If it was that good , why didn't they come back and try/comment on other recipes? I think it looks suspicious but apologies to them if they are genuine individuals with no link to CA.

I agree with SecretSanta. I've never found CA's recipes to be anything special.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 04:51 PM by George »

Offline Madrasandy

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2014, 04:31 PM »
I second that George, Ive tried a few of CA's recipes over the years and most are not that special, they are ok for beginners though

Offline noble ox

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2014, 04:45 PM »
I 3rd that Geo
I gave some to my dog and the missus started to moan .I told her it was a CA recipe" that's ok then not hot or spicy" she said ;D

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2014, 04:59 PM »
I second that George, Ive tried a few of CA's recipes over the years and most are not that special, they are ok for beginners though

You remind me of another interesting angle. CA's forum seems to be going through all the same (early) ground, like this forum did in 2004-2005. You could almost think of it like primary school. We're now at something like the level of postgraduate research whilst CA plays a role a bit like a primary school headmaster, where they are bound to cover all the basic aspects, again. If Ofsted did a review, I think his "school" would be rated very low, not least due to the unusually high level of expulsions, and because "pupils" are not allowed free expression.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2014, 05:00 PM »
I am no particular fan of CA, but his Korma recipe is second to none.

Yes.....Korma is a BIR dish, look it up  8)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2014, 05:39 PM »

Yes, but Korma is a /woman's/ BIR dish.  Oh, wait a minute, we are talking about one of CA's recipes -- that makes perfect sense, then.  (With apologies to George, who I know also likes Korma -- no offence intended, George, just a joke).

** Phil.

Offline fried

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2014, 06:24 PM »

I"m no fan of CA either, but the Ceylon recipe is good. It's a pretty standard BIR recipe, base, G+G puree, mix powder. It's basically a Madras with some coconut milk powder. It'll be as good as your base/ mix/ and technique allow.

littlechilie

« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2014, 09:48 PM »
I would rather cook every recipe on this forum, before ever considering anything CA related  :o 

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2014, 09:56 PM »
I would rather cook every recipe on this forum, before ever considering anything CA related  :o

Well you are missing out Littlechild - with that sort of attitude, maybe CA's forum is the place for you  :P

littlechilie

« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2014, 10:00 PM »
Korma? ;)

©2024 Curry Recipes