Author Topic: CA's Chicken Ceylon  (Read 105846 times)

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: CA's Chicken Ceylon
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2014, 10:29 PM »
Are you inferring, Little Child, that a Korma is somehow an inferior curry: somehow lessened in status by it's mildness?

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2014, 10:41 PM »
Are you inferring, Little Child, that a Korma is somehow an inferior curry: somehow lessened in status by it's mildness?

No, it is an inferior curry somehow lessened in status by its mildness, oh ye who would seek to correct errors of grammar by others :)

** Phil.

littlechilie

« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2014, 11:00 PM »

If you would be eating the said Korma in a large group of larger swigging rugby players, the Garp may look a little inferior, especially chowing down on a mild Korma ;D

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2014, 11:04 PM »
If you would be eating the said Korma in a large group of larger swigging rugby players ...

Ah, but he wouldn't, C-minor :  he would be eating the said Korma in a large group of smaller swigging rugby players :)

** Phil.

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2014, 11:05 PM »
Whats larger swigging?

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2014, 11:06 PM »
What's larger swigging?

The opposite of smaller swigging, obviously :)
** Phil.

littlechilie

« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2014, 11:14 PM »
 ;D dam auto correct!! Just seen that ;D lager-Swigging  :'(

But I do prefer this version. ;)

Ah, but he wouldn't, C-minor :  he would be eating the said Korma in a large group of smaller swigging rugby players :)

** Phil.
[/quote]

littlechilie

« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2014, 11:40 PM »
A little chicken Karma tonight  :P

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2014, 09:50 PM »
If you would be eating the said Korma in a large group of larger swigging rugby players, the Garp may look a little inferior, especially chowing down on a mild Korma ;D

If I ever found myself among a group of said rugby players, I would have been kidnapped and would feel vastly superior because,

a) I don't play rugby, or have any interest in it, and
b) If they think that Korma is a woman's curry, then it is no surprise that they choose lager and rugby.

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2014, 11:25 PM »
I've tried a few of CA's recipes over the years and most are not that special, they are ok for beginners though

And another one bites the dust... I tried CA's recipe for Chicken Ceylon this evening, partly because several members said they followed the recipe as written and they liked it. Well, I followed the recipe as written and thought it was almost tasteless. I would guess it's because this recipe starts with raw chicken. How many BIRs do you know who start a dish with raw chicken? None that I'm aware of, which probably means this recipe should not be in the BIR section. Should the thread be moved?

Raw chicken leaches out too much "chicken stock" in my experience, and kills any chance of creating BIR type flavours.

©2024 Curry Recipes