Author Topic: CA's Chicken Dhansak  (Read 75237 times)

Offline deckitout

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: CA's Chicken Dhansak
« Reply #100 on: February 20, 2011, 10:48 AM »

I made a Dhansak friday, it was superb, I think I am equaling my local BIR now, I think the only improvement I could use is the spiced oil, that is something I haven't tried yet.

CA
One recipe I don't feel I have cracked yet is CTA, tried various but my local dish comes out very sweet, and very cocnut flavoured, CTA's vary an awful lot but I am not there yet.
Any ideas CA

Phil

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 20, 2011, 10:56 AM »
I'm embarrassed to say that I don't know what CTA is DIO?  ??? 

Did you mean CTM (i.e. Chicken Tikka Masala) perhaps?

Offline deckitout

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 20, 2011, 11:07 AM »

Sorry my mistake, I meant CTM lol

I'm embarrassed to say that I don't know what CTA is DIO?  ??? 

Did you mean CTM (i.e. Chicken Tikka Masala) perhaps?

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2011, 05:30 PM »
Hello there deckitout i use this recipe http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=1823.0
do not change nothing at first make it to the letter, then make the masala sauce, again do not change anything.
Then add 1-2 ladles of the sauce and add chicken tikka, taste with friends or other half and get their/her/his feedback ( i usually use 2 pieces of chicken tikka per person when experimenting as my pieces of tikka are made by cutting chicken breasts length ways into 3 and marinate).
Then make another again 1-2 ladles of masala sauce then with your feedback written down alter adjust to your liking, i do my experiments  ;D on wednesday nights has i have darts night and thats where my feedback comes from for each curry i make.Then you have a varied opinion of your food and get a taste/texture/heat and even look to please most peoples taste buds.
Hope this helps.

Offline madmatt

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 14, 2011, 09:53 AM »
Another Winner CA, Many Thanks!!

Jeeze ive been a busy boy lately!!Curry coming out of my ears!!

Never too much though!!

Matt
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 12:27 PM by madmatt »

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 14, 2011, 11:02 AM »
Made a couple of these today too! It feels like a CA cooking week from all the threads

best Rich

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 14, 2011, 01:48 PM »
Hi Rich,

It feels like a CA cooking week from all the threads

Yep it sure does. CA's dishes getting quite a bit of exposure lately and quite right too.  I have tried most of his recipes and have yet to come across one that hasn't been wonderful.

Ray :)

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 15, 2011, 12:20 PM »
Great results and photos guys!  Glad you liked the recipes and thanks for trying them out and reporting back with your photos!  8)

I love the texture you've achieved there Rich....brilliant!  Very classy presentation!  :)

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 15, 2011, 12:30 PM »
CA's dishes getting quite a bit of exposure lately and quite right too.  I have tried most of his recipes and have yet to come across one that hasn't been wonderful.

Ray :)

You're too kind, Ray, and a regular good (and helpful and postive) guy!....however, if I were you, I'd reorder my preferences, on my profile, and put your (I mean my!) wife first and ManU last!  ;)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 12:52 PM by Cory Ander »

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 15, 2011, 02:28 PM »
Great results and photos guys!  Glad you liked the recipes and thanks for trying them out and reporting back with your photos!  8)

I love the texture you've achieved there Rich....brilliant!  Very classy presentation!  :)

Thank you kind sir - but its straight out of the pan - the only photo edit was the drop shadow around the dish to make it more normal

best, Rich

©2024 Curry Recipes