Author Topic: An Unexpected Bonus!  (Read 11958 times)

Offline joshallen2k

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: An Unexpected Bonus!
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2009, 04:34 PM »
That looks pretty good. Kind of a BIR / Kebab shop fusion cuisine!

No question the traditional TA cuisine is changing... but is it for the better? I shudder to think of a day when all BIRs go the way of the Ashoka/Authentic/Fusion... and you can't get a Madras or CTM anymore.

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2009, 06:22 PM »
but HERE is a link to a photo.
HTH

Cheers
CoR

OMG that is obscenely big. Strange thought but it will probably leave your body looking exactly the same as it entered!  ;D

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2009, 06:26 PM »
CoR,

i must admit i've not been to the mile for a while now finding bolton is an easy divert that i can take quite often and has all i need - well until that kobeda photo. simply brill. my find of food.

Offline emin-j

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2009, 07:36 PM »
but HERE is a link to a photo.
HTH

Cheers
CoR

OMG that is obscenely big. Strange thought but it will probably leave your body looking exactly the same as it entered!  ;D

More like what's in the dish at the back  :-\

Offline CurryOnRegardless

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2009, 11:32 AM »
That looks pretty good. Kind of a BIR / Kebab shop fusion cuisine!

No question the traditional TA cuisine is changing... but is it for the better? I shudder to think of a day when all BIRs go the way of the Ashoka/Authentic/Fusion... and you can't get a Madras or CTM anymore.

That, I'm afraid is exactly what is happening. The BIRs T/As seems to be rapidly becoming an endangered species as they all transmogrify into kebab/pizza shops, you have to know the local area to be able to find a curry house these days and those that are worth patronising are even thinner on the ground, and don't get me started on the proliferation of the fried 'chicken' joints...yuk.

©2024 Curry Recipes