Author Topic: PanPot's Ashoka Precooked Chicken  (Read 28655 times)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: PanPot's Ashoka Precooked Chicken
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2010, 06:33 PM »
Excellent, many thanks Panpot : my next chicken shall be pre-cooked in exactly this way  :)
** Phil.

Offline Ramirez

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2011, 05:28 PM »
PP - when it says 'cooking from raw produces succulent chicken', does this mean cooking the final dish with raw (marinated) chicken?

I presume it does, but I wanted to clarify that just in case.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2011, 05:51 PM »
PP - when it says 'cooking from raw produces succulent chicken', does this mean cooking the final dish with raw (marinated) chicken?

I presume it does, but I wanted to clarify that just in case.

Well, if it does (and I have to admit, that final parenthesis is horribly ambiguous), what is one meant to do with the chicken that one has pre-cooked in an oven at 150 degrees for 25 minutes ?!

** Phil.

Offline Ramirez

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2011, 09:25 AM »
Indeed - but I cannot think of any other interpretation to that sentence.

Anyway, I made this last night and it was fantastic, made a big difference to my Madras (even the chicken on it's own tasted wonderful). I used to pre-cook chicken, but abandoned it sometime ago and simply used raw chicken. I'll definitely be using this going forward - wish I'd have tried it sooner to be honest.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2011, 09:46 AM »
Indeed - but I cannot think of any other interpretation to that sentence.

Anyway, I made this last night and it was fantastic, made a big difference to my Madras (even the chicken on it's own tasted wonderful). I used to pre-cook chicken, but abandoned it sometime ago and simply used raw chicken. I'll definitely be using this going forward - wish I'd have tried it sooner to be honest.
This is great news, but in view of the ambiguity, can you spell out which you did : use the marinaded-but-uncooked chicken in your Madras, or use the marinaded-and-pre-cooked-for-25-mins-in-the-oven chicken ?

** Phil.

Offline Ramirez

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2011, 10:00 AM »
I ignored the last sentence - so cooked the chicken in the oven for 25 mins after marinating.

Offline Panpot

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2011, 10:04 AM »
I am glad for you Ramirez, the pre cooked recipe here makes a big impact and when I want to cook a proper curry this is how it is done. I am sorry about the confusion with the recipe. It was written in one big posting session that took me hours. I am still pissed that it was all cut up and dispersed all over the site. These recipes all inter relate and are the actual recipes used in a real BIR. Given the purpose of the site you would have thought they would have been kept together, Perhaps a new category of actual BIR recipes kept together under the name of the BIR. Anyway apart from regional variation these recipes are hard to improve on. IMHO. I also have more of them but can't be bothered posting them if they are still to be kept apart as they will probably lead to endless questions that would not be necessary if they were respectively kept together. Finally if someone could delete the bracketed content from the recipe above it would help us all.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2011, 10:05 AM »
And so for how long did you subsequently cook the pre-cooked chicken in in the Madras sauce, Ramirez ?

Offline commis

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2011, 10:11 AM »
Hi
PanPot, why not do as others, host (I'm sure there is a member who could help) then link!
Regards

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2011, 10:18 AM »
It was written in one big posting session that took me hours. I am still pissed that it was all cut up and dispersed all over the site. These recipes all inter relate and are the actual recipes used in a real BIR. Given the purpose of the site you would have thought they would have been kept together, Perhaps a new category of actual BIR recipes kept together under the name of the BIR.
I can understand your frustration at having your hard work butchered, Panpot, and this is one reason why I think that the role of a moderator should be restricted to spam and personal attack control, rather than deliberate intervention in the placement of messages.  If someone accidentally puts something in the "wrong" place, then by all means draw that to his/her attention, but don't leap in and make wholesale changes to the placement of a group of messages without the poster's consent.

But the situation is not beyond rectification : all that is needed is a single master document (say, "Ashoka Recipes Reunited") with links to all the messages that have now become fragmented.  And it would be very easy to copy and paste the Ashoka Precooked Chicken recipe, omitting the final parenthesis, and then link to this new copy rather than to the old and confusing one.  What do you think ?

Anyway apart from regional variation these recipes are hard to improve on. IMHO. I also have more of them but can't be bothered posting them if they are still to be kept apart as they will probably lead to endless questions that would not be necessary if they were respectively kept together.
Would my suggestion (above) adequately address this, PP ?  If not, I can offer you space on another server where you could store all the Ashoka recipes together, and you could then just create a single hyperlink from CR0 to their alternative location.

** Phil.

©2024 Curry Recipes