Author Topic: Ashoka Recipes  (Read 13293 times)

Offline joshallen2k

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Ashoka Recipes
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2009, 12:50 AM »
Panpot - could you enlighten us as to the content's of the chef's handbook?

By all local accounts (and Bobby's self-correction) the Ashoka is a very good restaurant. Part of my challenge is that I'm just not familiar with most of the curries you've posted, and there seem to be some regional differences in play as well (the Rogan and CTM seem to be different than what I recall in the London, Norfolk, and Sussex areas I lived).

In this handbook is there a Madras or Vindaloo?

Thx,
Josh

Offline CurryOnRegardless

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2009, 12:23 PM »

I looked for one but can only find 'cranberry and caramelised onion'! Not exactly BIR, but would add a seasonal touch to the curries.   :D

Indeed it would, lol, by chance I was in M&S yesterday checking out their Xmas fayre and they have a caremelised red onion chutney on BOGOF and very nice it is too, had a dollop (tech term) in last nights' lamb rogan josh, worked a treat.
Even if you don't like it in curry you get two jars of posh Marks' chutney for 80p each to have with your cheese crackers or, get this, the worlds' best toasty, red onion chutney, black pudding and (hot) English mustard.

Cheers
CoR

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2009, 08:36 PM »
It turns out that chain that I visited was in fact not Ashoka but Ashoka Shak

Yes I think I remember them, didn't they set up in some motorway services as well? Are they still going?

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2009, 08:41 PM »
In Glasgow, a Rogan Josh does have coconut, cream and an almond taste to it.

Why don't they go the whole hog then and bung a couple of deep-fried, battered, mars bars in there too, just to add to the Scottish authenticity of the dish!   ;D

Offline Panpot

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2009, 11:31 AM »
Guys I am pleased that BB got in touch and we have kissed and made up. The Handbook I was given was for my eyes only and I really cant betray the trust I was afforded any further. I do hope you all understand. My own reputation and Integrity would be called into question and I really cant risk that. I am genuinely grateful to the Guys at The Ashoka who made my visit so special especially the owner who met me and gave me his trust.

The recent posts are as they are printed in the Handbook so I am as lost as the rest of us in how we scale it down. I too am looking for somebody here to crack it for us.

Apart from the actual cooking method, the heat of the burners and experience there is nothing missing here to reproduce an authentic Glasgow BIR range of dishes.

I am particularly pleased that the Glaswegians are finding the match to their satisfaction and really chuffed that SS rates the Bhuna. PP

Offline Bobby Bhuna

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2009, 11:16 PM »
Guys I am pleased that BB got in touch and we have kissed and made up.

Just to let you all know about the kiss, it was long, passionate and full of promise. :-*

8) BB

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2009, 12:25 AM »
I's the "got in touch" bit that bothers me more BB!  ;)

Offline CurryOnRegardless

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2009, 08:25 AM »
Is this a Glasgow kiss we're talking about here??

Offline Mikka1

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2009, 12:06 PM »
LOL!  ;D

Is this a Glasgow kiss we're talking about here??

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2009, 02:00 PM »
Panpot - could you enlighten us as to the content's of the chef's handbook?

In this handbook is there a Madras or Vindaloo?

Thx,
Josh

The Handbook I was given was for my eyes only and I really cant betray the trust I was afforded any further.

The recent posts are as they are printed in the Handbook

Surely the betrayal of trust is in giving out the recipes as printed? (Not that I'm complaining at all!) surely any additional info you may give out would be secondary "betrayal-wise" to posting the actual recipes?

©2024 Curry Recipes