Author Topic: How do i get chicken really really soft?  (Read 20934 times)

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: How do i get chicken really really soft?
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2010, 05:17 PM »
Has anyone ever noticed that the BIR's pre-cooked chicken is usually stored in a tub or tray in a yellow, yoghurt thick sauce. When they add it to the dish that sauce is added to the curry. This isn't something I have ever seen menioned on here, yet it must impart a certain flavour to the curry.

I noticed this first at the curry lesson I had at a local BIR, but I also noticed it on the Maliks webcam videos. I doubt any of us would have the patience to pre-cook our chicken the day before and refrigerate overnight in the cooking sauce, but maybe that is how it gets the softness.

I've been looking over a few topics being a new kid on the block so to speak. One thing that strikes out at me is how different things seem to be compared to what I have picked up from my local restaurant. I guess the answer for this is here I just haven't found it yet.

However, they cook all the prepared chicken on skewers in the tandoor oven. Its marinated accordingly, then given a very fast and hard cook. Then stacked on trays to await use, but not in any sauce. The end result is always perfectly cooked moist soft chicken.

One of the perks (as I call it) of my job, is that I have frequented many professional kitchens. One I visited had Harrisa Chicken Skewers on the menu which I was offered to try. They were so succulent I was amazed. I was then told the key was to heat the oven as hot as possible 250c upwards and cook 1 1/2 inch size pieces on a skewer for about 12mins.

This is now how I cook all my chicken for our family curry feasts and I can promise you, given the appropriate marinate, you will get perfect succulent chicken everytime.

©2024 Curry Recipes