Author Topic: Are we there yet.  (Read 13911 times)

Offline Derek Dansak

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Are we there yet.
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2009, 12:52 PM »
There is a two tier system of quality with bir cooking. We should have matched a average bir madras by now. The finest may always remain a mystery. of the ten different bir madras i tried recently , 2 were in a different league to most, stunning! . with many unrecognisable flavors and tastes which i know will always elude me. most of the other 8 madras were made from typical ingredients we all use. The fact none of us have managed to emulate even a middle of the road bir madras, can only mean 1 of two things. 1) we cant cook well enough yet. 2) we have all relied too much on the "someone else will work it out for me " attitude. Its just down to getting to know the key ingredients and spices much better. because i work long hours, and commute long distance, i have little time for putting in the long hours of experimenting to get that taste. If more of us adopted the approach of CA, and actually posted new material we might crack this. I will post my efforts in the new year. I intend on doing some new trials over xmas. 

©2024 Curry Recipes