Author Topic: Chilli sauce from the East BIR  (Read 24813 times)

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Chilli sauce from the East BIR
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2010, 10:10 AM »
Hi Guy's,

I don't think that this sauce has anything to do with their curries whatsoever.  For me, without doubt, it is their 'Hot sauce' that they squirt on their doner kebabs.

I've had a doner from East and I have hot sauce.  Their mild kebab sauce is youghurt with a hint of mint, and get this, their medium sauce is a squirt of the hot, and a squirt of the mild together.

BTW, the East is shite, and only used when I'm pissed up, walking through Ashton town centre.

Ray :)

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2010, 02:32 PM »
For me, without doubt, it is their 'Hot sauce' that they squirt on their doner kebabs.
Ray :)

I think you're probably right Ray and I've seen how they reheat their donner meat by steaming it!

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2010, 05:09 PM »
have realised i've revised this recipe over time. it's a recipe that u really can vary to suit yourself. i now find that the tamerind is quite critical and tend to adjust by adding more if needed once the sauce is made.

i've just used the bought garlic puree and it works a treat (had been using ashoka g/g paste which works pretty well).

i now tend to make 1/2 the amount which produces about 300ml.

have also added upto date pic.

oil 30ml
garlic 30ml
ginger none
chilli powder 30ml (20ml if the hot stuff, i use equal amounts of std chilli, kashmiri, deggi)
mix powder 10ml
tamerind 10ml (add up to 5ml more once made)
tom puree 110ml
lemon dressing 20 ml
add water to make ~600 ml total

bake in the microwave for 3 mins. add more tamarind if there is no hint of it in the taste

©2024 Curry Recipes